Any luck on Holiday hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by aaronh, Dec 26, 2010.

1. aaronh

aaronh Well-Known Member

Did anybody have any luck with the holiday hunt? I went out from 5:30 am to 11 went back @ 3 pm to 5:30 and nothing.

2. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

Didn't see a thing in 5B. Hunted this morning before church, then this afternoon. Plan to go back in the morning.

3. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

Sat in a stand from daylight to dark. Saw a bobcat and some wood ducks in zone 4.

4. canuck

canuck Well-Known Member

Jumped a young 8 pt up and wife saw a spike and 3 does. Probably fill a bonus doe tag tomorrow if we can.

5. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Went this afternoon and didnt see jack diddly squat. Sure didn't help my hunt got interupted right at prime time:mad:

6. bernie

bernie Well-Known Member

No luck this morning before church. I went this afternoon to look at a place that I had put out a "deer sucker" to see if they worked. It is close to the edge of our property, but very definitely on our property. The guy that owns the neighboring property gives hunting priveleges to whatever yahoos ask him to hunt on his property. The only problem is these guys ALWAYS (did I say always) trespass onto us. So...when I get to the deer sucker, there is new purple paint on our property, to keep us out of "their place". The aggravating thing is that they went in there a couple of days before time to hunt to do it, and then did not bother to find out where the property line is. It was only about 100' on our side of the line!

As I get older, I discover that I have very little tolerance for doofuses.

7. CraigCoHunter

CraigCoHunter Well-Known Member

Hunted all day except enough time to come out and eat dinner and didnt see a thing. If the deer were as populated as the hunters in the woods today then i would have had a good day. Seen 6 more hunters by 8 oclock just walking around?? guess it was too cold for them to sit still... gotta love hunting public grounds! Zone 4

8. bigbrown

bigbrown Well-Known Member

hunted in 4 this morning and evening and say a squirrel in the river bottoms. all the other 20 people i talked to saw nothing. from harrisburg to hardy. pitifull. did see bout a 50 lb fawn in a bout. lol this afternoon.

9. Got here late and didn't get to the stand until almost 5. In the pasture.
    My son ended up walking over and we sat together.
    At dark had two does come out at about 150 yards.
    Decided to start my meat run tonight so I let one go.
    I knew she was hit and we started looking.
    Found blood and lost it after a good trail.
    Had to pull back and look in the morning. Coyotes were hollering so I figure they are having a feast about now.
    It was a good hit with good blood for awhile.....plus my lights needed a charge and I didn't feel like sleeping down in the woods tonight......

10. tractor

tractor Active Member

Dumas
    didn't see a thing thismorning but saw 6 doe this afternoon.

11. BushMan

BushMan Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

seen 8 tree rats this morning and that was it

12. Red Oak

Red Oak Well-Known Member

Seen alot of deer this evening starting around 1600 hours until dark. Checked camera and wished i was there Christmas Eve in the morning time due to alot of activity at daylight. Had a pic of a real good buck at 0700. Be there in the morning waiting!!:cross:

13. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

one doe and four kids with one ak47.

14. D

D Well-Known Member

Hunted zone 10. Saw 16 yesterday morning all does and nubbins. Killed a nice doe. There were 15 in one herd.

Hunted yesterday evening and saw 11. I only saw one hard horn buck and he was a spike. I was looking for a another big doe but none presented a shot. (we have bonus tags to thin the does)

Gotta work today and tomorrow. Gonna take my boys this weekend and try to get them another deer.

15. hortonhunter

hortonhunter Well-Known Member

nea
    Hunted my lease zone 12 yesterday from noon til 5 didnt see a thing, chummed them up for youth hunt next weekend so maybe my nephew can get one :up:

16. horn hunter

horn hunter Well-Known Member

daylight till 11 then back in tree at 1 till dark nothing. been that way pretty much all season, don't know why either when agfc says we have more deer than ever and already had a record year. lol. I would like to know how many temps they had to hire to fix the numbers on the harvest data.

17. mhays26

mhays26 Member

Ive been hunting 2 deer on some land for the entire year, my buddy was in town so I put him in a new blind with feeder on a creek bed that I just set up, and you guessed it, killed the biggest of the 2 and both of them were together. I could hear the shots from where I was and immediately knew what happened. I was somewhere torn between pissed and happy for him.

18. aaronh

aaronh Well-Known Member

went out again and saw bout 12 doe too far in the brush to shoot. got a nice 10 point on cam about 1130 pm lastnight.

19. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Went out this morning, and found fresh scrapes! I had 2 doe run in on me, and then two more run out when we went to fill the feeder up. I saw two bucks opening weekend on this particular property, but just doe since then. I have found where they are crossing the creek at now, I just wish I found it 6 weeks ago. There is no vegetation at all left in the area, and fresh tracks off all sizes every where. I hope the son can get on one during the youth hunt.

20. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

I went yesterday evening and didnt see a thang, but i was saving my good spots for this evening and in the morning. Good luck to the rest of yall:thumb: