Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so what do you think about the new sourced out class procedure? I am not sure I am going to like it. Each instructor and student will have to sign into the class to enter their own information. I bet I will have helpers that stop teaching. I have one class entered and seems a few students have enrolled. I will just have to see how it goes.
If you have completed a class how did it go getting all the information and grades entered. How much time did it take. I tend to have 50 to 80 students per class.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Oh, shoot. I forgot about the new system. I'm teaching a class for some of my 4-H kids right now. Do you think they'll accept it if I send the paperwork in the old way?

·
Super Moderator
14,041 Posts
Oh, shoot. I forgot about the new system. I'm teaching a class for some of my 4-H kids right now. Do you think they'll accept it if I send the paperwork in the old way?
I don't think so---everything now goes to Kalkomey. It's really not that difficult to enter the info though.

Didn't I read somewhere that we no longer have to send in copies of the answer sheets? I've run into a lot of problems in the past with students never getting their cards. Looks like this could be a big improvement.

Looks like it will be much easier to get a replacement card also. They "supposedly" have all the records from previous classes. For $10 you can order a replacement online. I checked, and mine is there. www.ilostmycard.com

·
Super Moderator
14,041 Posts
If so what do you think about the new sourced out class procedure? I am not sure I am going to like it. Each instructor and student will have to sign into the class to enter their own information. I bet I will have helpers that stop teaching. I have one class entered and seems a few students have enrolled. I will just have to see how it goes.
If you have completed a class how did it go getting all the information and grades entered. How much time did it take. I tend to have 50 to 80 students per class.
Most of my classes are "closed" classes with my high school students, and with closed classes, the instructor has to enter all the info in Kalkomey. I don't really see it as a big problem. I had a form I developed years ago where I entered all their info on computer anyway. I'm sure it made it a lot easier for AGFC to read my writing!

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never mailed in the answer sheet just the sign in form with scores. I have several different guys help teach each class. Even though it is simple to sign up and enter their information into each class. I do not think they will want to mess with it. In the past I took care of getting them credit when they helped with a class.
I also think they will no longer allow you to mail the class in on paper after the first of the year.

I also wonder about the many kids that will not register on line and just show up for the class. I was told to just enter their information from the class site when they show up. I do not have a lap top and there is no internet or cell service where we hold the classes.

One thing is it will have to be better on getting the cards issued.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
The new system isn't that bad. Once you learn the website it probably takes a minute or two to enter a student. Updating scores and submitting is pretty easy. My kids had cards in their hands 5 days after I clicked submit.

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is good to know.
I still worry about the kids showing up the day of the class. Wonder if I will be able to enter their data after the class date. I hold class on Saturday and will not have access to computer until the following Monday. The way it is set up students can enroll up to the class date.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I set my class up as a private class. Public may be different. I taught the class the same way as before and created the class and entered the info after it was over. Used the same sign in and score sheet to keep track of everything until I put it in.

I think you can set the class up to send a reminder email to the students before it starts.

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a class set for 03-12-16. It shows on the link from AG&F site. When You set up a public class you select the start date to enroll in the class and the last day you can enroll up to the date of the class. There is not an option to enroll after the class date. I may just have to set up another class for the walk in students and enter as a separate class.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.