Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I moved here a year ago and didn't get to hunt because I really didn't have time to scout and get spots figured out. What I found is not much in the way of public access unless I want someone in my lap. Can some one help me? Not looking for your spot just looking for public areas in central arkansas to duck hunt. Either from land or a small boat. or Ideas where some good places to go may be. Just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
don't know where you live, but around central arkansas are bell slough, ed gordon, galla creek, petit jean, dardenelle, spadra and nimrod. east of little rock are wattensaw and dagmar. they can all hold a few ducks when conditions are right and they are all B.Y.O.T (bring your own tree) cuz they are usually all taken by someone else when you get there:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Public WMA are crowded during duck season so be prepared for sky busting, people shooting at your swing ducks, and occassional rude behavior. Harris Brake later in the season can be porductive but it is small and I would not hunt there on a weekend if I could help it. Bayo Meto is huge and would be a good place to check out. Lot's of walk in access areas. Arkansas River can be good but I would not use a small boat if I could help it. When I was younger I used to hunt it with a 14 foot flatbottom and a 9.9 outboard by myself but I would not recommend doing that during high water conditions. :smack:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I need help. I moved here a year ago and didn't get to hunt because I really didn't have time to scout and get spots figured out. What I found is not much in the way of public access unless I want someone in my lap. Can some one help me? Not looking for your spot just looking for public areas in central arkansas to duck hunt. Either from land or a small boat. or Ideas where some good places to go may be. Just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your help.
Cache River refuge is good it is big and it covers quite bit of territory in east central ar. But remember hunting ends at noon. Dont waste your time with bell slough it is a small area that is 15 minutes from little rock and there is more hunters than ducks. If you do decide to hunt it do it during the middle part of the week thats when you will have the best chance less pressure on the area. Not many mallards use it anymore either mostly wood ducks. As I said Cache River Refuge would be best it is big and in the hart of duck country and if you will take the time to learn the different areas you can find someplaces where you can get away from people but as I said hunting ends at noon. You will have to get one of those Cache River Refuge permits and sign it. I dont know if AGFC has them but alot of the local stores around Hazen, Devals Bluff, Brinkly, Des Arc will carry them and they are unlimited. Good Hunting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Black swamp Cache River, It can be a great place. I have gotten there at midnight, put the boat in, waitn on the next truck to come the road. go jump in the boat go to the green line and wait till 4:30. Then take off and go get the hole you're tryin to get.

Or wait till late, and see what the ducks are doin. Then get setup on a good clear day.

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
622 Posts
lol

since we dont know where your from, texas, la. mo.mississippi, tenn. oklahoma has some pretty good spots.....lol dont forget to take your competition calls and oh yeah 2 or 3 robo ducks should do it. :smack::clap::head::whistle::fit:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.