Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I don't want to dissuade anyone from buying a new handgun, but I think I'd take that money and look for a used 5900 series or a Ruger P series as opposed to buying a new Sigma.

I see a lot of new officers who buy them and have a tough time keeping them running on the range. It may do all you need it to, but then it may not....

The Sigma was S&W's first effort at a "poly-pistol"... it latest incarnation the M&P is an excellent weapon, but a damned bit pricey.... but R&D has to be paid for somewhere!

I wish you well whatever you decide to do, but personally I'd shop a bit longer and harder before I dropped my own $$$$.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill look around. truthfully, I won't shoot this gun much. I dont shoot any of my handguns that often. Just enough to stay somewhat sharp and comfortable with them.

There are so many that i want:smack: The taurus ultralite 38 is another one I am considering. I don't have any wheel guns and it is pretty cheap. I don't use them enough to warrant spending a lot especially when I will be carrying my Sig most of the time. I really like it.

·
Premium Member
18,017 Posts
I've shot a few and owned one. They tend to be very spotty at best. The one I had ran, but FTE problems led me to get rid of it. On the other hand, I've shot some that wouldn't stop shooting. I know that doesn't sound like much help, but from everthing I have seen and read about them and everything I know from being around them, I would look for something else if it were me.

You may get a great one, you may not and for my money that isn't a chance I'm going to take.

For that price, well, it would be a little more, there are a bunch of Sig P6s on the market right now. They may look a little rough, but they are exceptional little guns that I think you would enjoy.

Here you go http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411534870

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I am thinking about getting another gun. I will be getting my CCL sometime soon and currently have a Sig P230(.380) I am wanting to add a larger caliber to the stable but really don't care to spend much on it. I have read good reviews except that the trigger is a little stiff.

Any other info?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=13284
My wife bought one in .40 s&w. We shot several hundred rounds through it and couldn't get it to hit worth a crap. We were going to trade it in on a Glock (my favorite hangun) but all i have learned about a .40 s&w is they seem to shoot 180gr. bullets better than anything. My Glock 23 is awesome with 180gr. Winchester hollow points and the Sigma is the same way. It handles the 180gr. Winchesters better than anything. The gun is worth what you pay for it. The only thing that bugs me is the tension spring in all of the clips rattle when it is fully loaded. Personally i say spend a little more and get a Glock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.