Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, how has your season been so far. Also, what tactics or calls do you use? We killed 63 last week in 2 different days on 4 different farms.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
How do them crows taste and how do you cook them{kidding}.Thats a lot of crows.Yall are kicking some butt.I've tried hunting them some but never did any good.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,594 Posts
I actually heard (but haven't tried it) that you can breast them out just like a dove - wrap with bacon, and grill them (or bake in oven) and they are good.

But as I said, I haven't tried this myself. Around there, they eat pretty much the same stuff doves do... so I don't know why they would be all that bad...

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I actually heard (but haven't tried it) that you can breast them out just like a dove - wrap with bacon, and grill them (or bake in oven) and they are good.

But as I said, I haven't tried this myself. Around there, they eat pretty much the same stuff doves do... so I don't know why they would be all that bad...
I aint never seen a dove eat roadkill.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I aint never seen a dove eat roadkill.
:fit: I know that's right!! I've been thinkin bout doing some crow huntin myself, but I got in mind gettin me one of them .17 HMR's & shootin em out in the field behind the house bout 200 yds. (If that's legal & if the .17HMR is good out to that distance)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have been crow shooting 3 times this year. We average about 15 per afternoon. I have only been able to hunt for a short period in the afternoon.
It seems that the birds this year have not been so plentiful this year. Remember that they are migratory too. After one setup, they become smart and weary of anything out of place.

How come you can kill a crow at 50 yards stone dead with long brass 7 1/2 and steel shot 2's at 30 yards only cripple a teal?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beancounter, the reason is crows can't take the "shockfactor" like other birds do. It doesn't take nearly the impact to put them down.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
We have worn them out this year!!!!!!

Headed to Collins on the 14th to spend some time with my dad and hunt crows, 'yotes, fox and 'cats!!! Can't wait!!!

Between me and my FIL, we've killed over 250 crows. Most of them were within a two day period. We had "migrant" crows at the farm where the sky was literally black with crows! They would not stop coming in... and we never reset, we just kept loading and shooting. It was a good time!!

When duck season came in we just quit the crows.... but it's time to hit 'em again!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
the way i have been known to shoot them (with a 7.62x54R mosin nagant:lol:) doesn't leave very much left to cook....only shot one like that(and it was off a fence post), but it was nasty.

shotgun does it alot easier too:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts