Arkansas Hunting banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Had an exceptional night tonight. Hunted some heavily pressured public land and managed to tree four singles. Coondogs come in all colors and styles, but for a hound to suit me personally, they have to hunt hard without being crazy, and I prefer forevermore loud treedogs. These two will sure light up a tree. They definitely aren’t perfect, but they sure are a lot of fun.
Dog Plant Flash photography Tree Wood

·
Registered
265 Posts
My dog just turned 9… and I have a 2 year old boy and a 5 month old boy… so I had to take a vacation from hunting… but when they are big enough to go, I will be back and everyone in AR county let’s me Coon and hog hunt cuz they know I will kill whatever I find…

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Had an exceptional night tonight. Hunted some heavily pressured public land and managed to tree four singles. Coondogs come in all colors and styles, but for a hound to suit me personally, they have to hunt hard without being crazy, and I prefer forevermore loud treedogs. These two will sure light up a tree. They definitely aren’t perfect, but they sure are a lot of fun. View attachment 350039
Had an exceptional night tonight. Hunted some heavily pressured public land and managed to tree four singles. Coondogs come in all colors and styles, but for a hound to suit me personally, they have to hunt hard without being crazy, and I prefer forevermore loud treedogs. These two will sure light up a tree. They definitely aren’t perfect, but they sure are a lot of fun. View attachment 350039
They some good lookin dogs. I had one looked a lot like them years ago. I always figured somebody picked him up from the yard as he just up and disappeared one morning I had let him out before work. Man he had a bawl mouth on him!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The time change, kid sports, and work all make it hard for me to hunt much this time of year, but my young male needed a solo night so we eased around the farm before the weather moved in this evening. Seemed like every low spot was full of frogs, and we managed to make three trees-two with coons and one sure enough miss.
I bought this dog as a big green pup and have hunted him hard, and mostly alone, for two winters. He’ll be three in a couple months. Absolutely won’t run any trash, hunts about right, and will really shake some acorns when he gets treed.
Dog Carnivore Felidae Dog breed Companion dog

41 - 47 of 47 Posts