Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think most of the bowhunters are waiting on Wattensaw to open back up. Last week, they checked two deer at Camp and twenty four deer at Wattensaw. Generally, hunters will go where the opportunity is greatest.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I was out yesterday with a bud. We hunted from about 2:00 PM until last legal light. I saw nothing but lots of hog rooting. He had a buck pushing a doe his way out of thick cover, and was getting ready for a shot. I of course didn't know this, and also didn't know that we were only about 150 yards apart. He said that right as he was fixin' to draw, he heard my last rattling sequence of the evening. That buck ran around the front of the doe and cut her off, pushing her BACK where they had come from instead of possibly run into competition!!!!:smack:

You never know....

On the hogs: I've been hunting out there since about 1998, and never saw a pig or sign until 4 seasons back. I see more of them on camera and alive, and see more damn sign every year. I'm still stupified and scratching my head WHY the AGFC took archery out of the hog shooting picture last year...... Unbelievable!!!!:censored:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wondering I hunted bell slough the other day my favorite spot is flooded but found another spot with some beat down trails and fresh rubs everywhere haven't been out to camp In a few weeks figured it would be about the same at camp thanks for the reports I got

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.