Any 260 Rem shooters?

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by fbwguy, Oct 11, 2017.

1. fbwguy

fbwguy Active Member

I’ve just added a Savage 16 Weather Warrior in 260 Rem to my deer hunting choices. Took it to the range this last weekend and I’m super happy. Anybody out there hunting with this caliber? Like to hear some results

2. Thenarwhal

Thenarwhal Well-Known Member

It's an excellent cartridge. Very accurate and a fine long range round. You'll probably tinker with ammo to find what your rifle likes, but those I've messed with like 140 grain bullets. If you load your own it really come alive and can be a legitimate 1000-yard target cartridge. It also makes a really nice round for the AR 10 platform.

3. DonniePowell

DonniePowell Well-Known Member

My dad used one and I think you will be very impressed by the killing ability of it. I would own one but my 270 fits me like a glove.

4. Hivernan

Hivernan Well-Known Member

The .260 is pretty much the 6.5 Creedmoor, but it was Country before Country was cool.

5. fbwguy

fbwguy Active Member

I actually bought it for my daughter to hunt with, but I think I will use it more than her. It’s definitely sub MOA at a 100 yards with factory ammo. 120 gr Fusion. I’m thinking that 140’s will be much more suitable for Whitetail.

6. mwells72774

mwells72774 Well-Known Member

I’ve run one before in a savage and it was a smooth shooter. Now I run a creedmoor and it shoots just as well. I forget the powder charge but I had good luck with 129 interlocks

7. Kansan

Kansan New Member

A guy from work got one from me for a steal......it really liked the 130 gr Nosler handloads. I'll replace it soon in the Ruger FTW.....

Kansan