Antlers Starting to Show

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by SwampCat, Apr 25, 2018.

1. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

2. TripleOG

TripleOG Well-Known Member

I’ve got a couple that are showing really well. I’ll have to post some pictures tonight. This will be the first year I really have it set up to watch the progression. I’m anxious to see how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

3. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

That's neat. I saw one yesterday that still had both sides. I wonder why he hasn't shed yet.

4. SwampCat

Has he got a normal looking set of antlers or is it an odd set. Had one last year that had some messed up twisted horns still carrying in May. Not sure it wasnt a doe.

5. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

Big deer. Looked normal in shape and outside the ears. He was a couple hundred yards away and I didn't have very good binoculars. Antlers were very light colored almost bleached white.

usertw24 likes this.
  6. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

Now turkey season is over, planning on deer supplemental feeding and stand placements.:roll:

7. TripleOG

IMG_1684.jpg
    Picture taken on April 21st

8. Rookieshot

Rookieshot Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

NWA
    Wow that one is coming right along. I have a few but only an inch or two. They are hitting mineral spot pretty good along with does

9. Rookieshot

Rookieshot Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

NWA
    Wow that one is coming right along. I have a few but only an inch or two. They are hitting mineral spot pretty good along with does

10. Dave57

Dave57 Well-Known Member

Mine are like the first picture, just a couple of inches. They are starting to come back in after the controlled burn. The burn sure did a job on the armidillos, counted 7 so far on the 1/2 shell.

Luv2hunt and Triple Threat like this.
  11. TripleOG

First is March 6..second picture is March 10. Both on same mineral site. Enjoying watching progress. IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1762.jpg

Rookieshot likes this.
  12. DCDM

DCDM Well-Known Member

226C1895-DB72-45AC-A800-10A1FC0EDBAC.jpeg Have only had the cameras out a week, and of course one camera quit taking pics the day after I put it up. Think this guy may end up decent.

13. SwampCat

F1C46EAD-C502-4CDF-93F2-4F4EBDB9C904.jpeg This one has put on some serious growth

brushcreek, Luv2hunt and DCDM like this.
  14. mikebri

LIFT0042.JPG
    Fair size body on this buck, i hope he grows a good rack.

15. DCDM

DCDM Well-Known Member

That’s a dang good cam pic, which make is it?

16. Luv2hunt

Luv2hunt Well-Known Member

Dad gum, SwampCat, you got it all.

17. SwampCat

That isn't mine - high fence across the highway from my house. I do have the privilege of hearing them bugle while sitting on a deer stand in the fall.

Rockcreek, Luv2hunt and brushcreek like this.
  18. mikebri

Exodus