Antique fishing equipment

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by woodsnwater, Dec 27, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

That old fishing pole got me a thinking. Who collects old fishing stuff? I have 2 trolling motors so far and planning to collect or stuff. I'll take pics when I get back from hunting. So, if you got old fishing stuff post it on here.

2. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

I've got my dad's old rod and reel. Not sure how antique it is, but probably at least 1960's or earlier. I've got some old lures, a guy who used to live behind us gave me back in the 90's. Again, not sure how old.

3. woodsnwater

I have been trying to find out how old my trolling motors are. I had a chance at a old rod and reel, but had no way to bring it back. Our car was packed. Someday I am hoping for a Man's Room. Display some of this stuff. I got a old spinning rod as well. It has wooden handle in it, instead of cork or foam. Solid fiberglass.

4. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

I bet that if you post afew pics, some of us could tell you about how old it is. Just thinking of all the old stuff I've lost over the years kinda hurts. But then again, it was either late model or new at the time. :whistle:

5. woodsnwater

Next time I am at storage I'll take pics of them.

6. jprtn

jprtn Well-Known Member

i had a metal tackle box full of the old wooden lures lost em all in a house fire no tellin what it was worth:censored:

7. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

My dad had a bushel basket full of old lures which i now have,plus an old rod and reel.The rod is steel!

8. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

At one time there was a antique boat motor link to a site. Ive searched and searched and I can't pull it back up.......:head:

9. duckhunter2-2007

duckhunter2-2007 Well-Known Member

I have quite a few old lures, wooden and plastic. I've got several old rods and reels. I've got one or two spring steel rods and a couple of bamboo bait casting rods. Lots of old Garcia reels, mostly 5000's. I used to collect but now I just store.