Antique Farm Equipment

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by pd2, Dec 3, 2012.

1. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

I've got some antique farm equipment that I am wanting value. Anybody have any suggestions as to where to look ? I've been through the standard google and yahoo searches for web sites with no luck so far. Thanks in advance.

Paul

2. You can try YouTube and antique tractors.com or classic tractors.com. I have a buddy who looks on those websites and those what he told me. Good luck in your search.

3. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

I'm good with the fact that I posted in the wrong place but where did you move the post to???

4. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    What type of equipment? A guy I work with is into that. He even has a collection of working hit and miss engines and old tractors that he has restored.

5. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

Here we go found it !!!!

I have a couple horse drawn mowers, a rake and several plows. Additionally, I have a set of cultivators and a set of middle busters for an international C or Super C .

6. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I will check with my co-worker to see if I can find where he gets information.

7. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Can you put up some pics of the cultivators and plows?

9. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Yea Mr. Stiles probably used some of that stuff back in the day;)

10. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

I will try to post some later tonite or possibly tomorrow.

11. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple of the pieces. I thought I had a pic of the cultivator brackets that attach to the tractor but apparently I messed that up. The side sweeps work with the cultivator. they should interchange with the plows. Pretty cool rake.

12. hillbillycycles

hillbillycycles Well-Known Member

Very cool. I have recently cut out of the brush some sort of old farm equipment at my father in laws place. I think it might be a planter. I know for sure the frame is cast and has John Deere down both sides.

13. John Stiles

2 row or one row?

14. hillbillycycles

hillbillycycles Well-Known Member

John,
    I don't really know. I know really nothing about such pieces of equipment. I'll get a photo or two and let you take a look and see if you can tell me what it is.

15. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

This kinda stuff has become some what valued in the last several years, not for use, but as landscaping items. Was a man down at backgate last year buying alot of this type of stuff, said most was going to be used as yard decorations. Seems one of the new fades in the big city's is to have some of what Grandpa used to use as the center piece in the high dollar landscape they have.

16. John Stiles

Okay, I'll be around here.....yeah, the horse drawn stuff is real desirable now, I have a rake, stalk chopper, metal Georgia stock, and odds and ends.

17. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

Couple of horse drawn harrows:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cultivator:
    [​IMG]

Mowers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40 acres used to be a big farm. Now we think thats barely enough room for two deer stands.

18. John Stiles

I have such a farm, and it's plenty big enough for one old guy.:up: You have quite a neat collection...I'm thinking about using that "rust converter" on all my stuff. It turns them black and stops the rusting.