Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you boys shed some light on this call for me? The barrel is African blackwood I believe and the insert is real ivory. My dad gave it to me the other day as he found it in his drawer. He can't remember much about it except he thought the guys name was thurman and he lived somewhere around trumann or marked tree. The bottom of the insert says "the delta mallard" and has a sillouette of a duck. The insert is signed but I cant make out the last name. Thanks guys!

Attachments

· Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c
761 Posts
Thurman McCann.......It's not a really old call though, but his calls were very nice and are highly sought after since he is no longer with us.....He has a video on youtube that is really great, you should look it up. I have a few of his calls

· Registered
180 Posts
Thurman McCann.......It's not a really old call though, but his calls were very nice and are highly sought after since he is no longer with us.....He has a video on youtube that is really great, you should look it up. I have a few of his calls
Yup, it's a pretty entertaining video. McCann is one of my favorite makers. Looks like the band has come off that one, but he didn't start making acrylics until close to the end of his life. Shoot me a pm if you wanna part with it.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks y'all for the info! Thanks for the offers but I wont be parting with it. It was custom made for my dad and even says "Thurman McCann, made for Dick Whitmore". I just wasn't familiar with him and my dad had even forgot he had it. BTW, Legend, He bought me a 50-11 for Christmas and let me tell you, That is one bad SOB, only call I carry....

· Registered
32,355 Posts
I've got around 15 McCann's in my Collection. Cool calls for sure. RW, my dad too bought me one every Christmas and had it put on the call the year etc. Cool little calls for sure. Haven't ever hunted them though, they're all sitting on display stands :up:

· Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c
761 Posts
Thanks y'all for the info! Thanks for the offers but I wont be parting with it. It was custom made for my dad and even says "Thurman McCann, made for Dick Whitmore". I just wasn't familiar with him and my dad had even forgot he had it. BTW, Legend, He bought me a 50-11 for Christmas and let me tell you, That is one bad SOB, only call I carry....
Good deal man, I appreciate it for sure and glad you like it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.