Answer the phone Mack's!

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by deltabowhunter, Dec 13, 2012.

1. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

I have been trying to call Mack's for two days. I'm wanting to know if they have a specific gun in stock before I drive an hour one way. Nobody answers the phone in the gun department. I just tried to reach several other departments and they too do not answer. If you push 0 for the operator it hangs up on you. I know they are busy, but you'd think 10 calls in 2 days somebody would answer at least once. :banghead:

2. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I called a couple months ago to ask about a gun. They transferred me to the gun dept. and the guy said he thought they had a couple but he wasn't sure if they had the one I was looking for. Then, he tells me that they're busy and I would have to come up there and look for myself.

I understand waiting on the customer standing at the counter before a phone call. But at least take down my number and call me back after you handle the foot traffic. Needless to say, they missed that sale. And several more to come. I'm done with 'em. Sounds like they're doing just fine without my business anyway.

3. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Sounds to me like they've let the $$ go to their head. That's ridiculous. :down:

4. ArkyVarminter

ArkyVarminter Well-Known Member

I have never liked the place and won't go there. On TWO seperate occasions I called and they said they had something I was looking for and after driving down there found out they didn't. I won't go back....

5. deltabowhunter

I finally got somebody to pick up in the waders department. He was very helpful. He walked over there and confirmed they had them in stock and told me the price. This is my first trouble with Mack's. It was just annoying that after two days nobody had picked up the phone. I actually got my M&P Shield from there this summer. They put me on a waiting list and had it in in less than 3 weeks. They even waited on me to show up 15 minutes after the store closed so that I could buy it that day. Much better than Hunter's Refuge who managed to lose my name off of the list and then wanted to put me back on it behind 30 other people when I was originally number 4.

6. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

Love Macks don't like Macks gun department. I could not get them on the phone either.

7. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

I had this same problem at Cabelas a few weeks ago! By all means help the people standing there but at least pick up the phone and ask you to hold

8. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

Had the same experience with them two weeks ago. Duck season + Christmas = need more help!!!

9. deltabowhunter

I got the gun yesterday. Store opens at 9am. They unlocked the door at 9:05am. Had three people behind the gun counter walk by me standing there without asking if I needed help. They then huddled up one counter over to shoot the breeze. Finally some kid with a baggy hoodie and flat brim hat comes out of the back. He was helpful but looked like he belonged in a rap video more than behind the gun counter at Mack's. I'm sure duck season wears them out but it is their job to be helpful.

10. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

He probably just got back from Bayou Meto and was still in costume.

11. Double Beard

Double Beard Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

He knows more about any firearm than anyone you have ever met.... He has also served this country to keep you safe... Don't let the hoody and flat bill fool ya!!:thumb: