Another One Bites The Dust......

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by HANDGUNNER, Dec 30, 2010.

1. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Dropped a dink 7 pt this afternoon with the old smoke pole, at 1645 hours......same time I dropped the first doe of the season this past Tuesday afternoon.......

Second legal buck I have seen this season, and 3 were running together!! The one I dropped was the best of the 3......

No Wall hanger, and I'll probably catch some flack when I post the picture, but this is the first buck I have killed since 2006 (it was 144 4/8's), but Retired folks can get hungry and I've never figured out how to cook horns, where ya could eat em!!

Pics and story tomorrow, titled...........

No Brag....Just Fact.......

Night all, I'm worn out!:biggrin:

2. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

3. congrats, plus its not all about the horns.

4. Rico

Rico Well-Known Member

Congrats. It's hard to tell the difference between buck or doe BACKSTRAPS! Look forward to pics. :clap:

5. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Congrats, Bill.
    All eat just the same.

6. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Too late in the season to be catching flack over shooting a dink. Congrats!:thumb:

7. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Man you won't catch any flack from me. I like big racks, no doubt.:biggrin:

8. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I just think that the animal deserves more respect than to be called a dink. I promise you that if I got a chance, I would have shot it. I would not refer to if as a dink. I will never give anyone any flack for shooting a legal animal. I think that trophy hunting is over rated and any legal animal is one to be proud of. I shot two does and a button buck last Sunday during the modern gun hunt and I am proud of all three of them. I would have been happy to shoot any legal deer. I do not wish to start an arguement. I am merely stating that I am bothered when people refer to the animals that they have harvested in a manner that demeans them almost as if they are ashamed to have killed them. I feel the same way when people refer to squirrels as tree rats. Rats disgust me. Squirrels do not.

I apologise for the rant. I am done with it now.

9. black brant

black brant Well-Known Member

congrats! i would like to find one to tag. i'm truely happy for you!:clap:

10. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

No Problem flydown! thinking back i should have said small 7pt...but man I was worn out, but I AM Proud of it!! You know how some folks on here are about small bucks:biggrin: Never killed a deer period that wasn't a trophy to me, and believe me in the 52 years I've been hunting, I've managed to kill a few!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks all! Might be tomorrow before I get the ......Rest of the Story ....posted, slept in this morning, and got a lot to do, gotta fire the 'Pit' and smoke a bunch of stuff!!!

11. we can we expect these pics to be up? I want to see this bad boy. A kill is a kill. Congrats again.

12. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Congratulations on the kill.:thumb: