Another Good Rabbit Hunt

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by rabbit_dog, Dec 23, 2010.

1. rabbit_dog

rabbit_dog Well-Known Member

Went out this morning and killed 9 cottontails the dogs were a bit tired due to a couple of days prior the guys took the main pack and got 17 cottontails to bad I had to work. Nothing better than that sound of pack of beagles

2. Swamper-AR

Swamper-AR Well-Known Member

You must have a lot more rabbits than we do here. Else you are hunting fence rows. No discredit to your dogs or anything but with the cover and few rabbits we have it would take 10 guys spread out to get that many.

3. rabbit_dog

No we dnt hunt many fence rows mainly growed up fields and growed up catfish ponds and then got sum good timber on the black river got to have alot of cover with all these hawks and coyotes around here. We also hunt big numbers on dogs usually atleast 6-10 dogs in each pack makes it sound good too.

4. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Sounds like yall had a good time. We usually kill 75 - 100 per year but probably aint gonna make it this year.

We dont have many rabbits in most of the places that I hunt and getting time off from work is harder than it used to be.

5. Bowtech10

Bowtech10 New Member

Wow I thought I was doin good just to kill three a hunt congrats on the hunt:thumb:

6. rabbit_dog

I know what you mean about the work schedule mine has picked up and going to get worse but we normally kill well over a 100 but don't think that we will do it this year either and bowtech trust me that is good for your country I am in the heart of the bottoms got the white and black rivers we do go to the hills just to put our dogs through alot of deer and don't kill large amounts like this.

7. Black River

Black River Well-Known Member

We seem to have more rabbits this year since the ice storm happened....lots more cover from downed limbs. Everything seems thicker than i remember in a while.

8. rabbit_dog

Black River, it did help I believe because 2 years ago we struggled to get up rabbits in some spots but now having decent hunts in those places

9. castinandblastin83

castinandblastin83 Well-Known Member

If anyone around Jacksonville would want to take a good ol' country air force guy rabbit hunting I would pay for gas and lunch. I miss it alot since I havent done it since I joined the Air Force.

10. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Youre welcome to go with me sometime especially if you can every go through the week.

And Ill take care of gas and lunch. :flag: