Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didnt think we would get to go with it being my wifes birthday.She wouldnt hear about keeping her boy out of the woods this morning.I had some things that had to be done so around 9am we got to the woods.We stoped the truck and got out to see if we could course some.We herd one cluck.We unloaded and took off towards the edge of a cutover that had a strip of woods about 20yds wide then some posted land.We stop about 100yds from where we wanted to be and called Old bird jumped on us.We took off.Once set up I got my 10 year old boy between my legs with the gun pointed the way I thought the bird would come.Well the first one that came in was a hen from our left about 10yds from us.Walked right where we wanted it to.Then it left and we herd 2 birds spitting and drumming.I truned my son alittle so he could get on them better.They came in a little further back than the hen. I could have killed them easy but he could not see them because of a bush.Anyway it was fun.He was so excited.We stayed put after they left for about 30 min.I called again and another bird sounded off futher away.We moved in on them but they were in a field that was posted.We tryed to call them across but they wouldnt come but a least he got to hear some and see some up real close.This is 3 years in a row we have had birds real close but couldnt get off a shot.Sooner or later it will happen.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
The kill is definatly not the most exciting part in my book...workin em in and watchin em put on a show beats it 10 to 1~! but i'm sure the youngster would love to bag one! Stay with em!

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
Good story! Keep trying, it'll all come together and it'll be sweet. That'll teach him patience. There's a reason it's called "hunting".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.