Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the deer dog thread I was accused of hating dogs- which isnt true but to show how much I like dogs-I thought it would be cool to hear about your favorite pet stories even picts if you want to show off your pet0Here is mine and alil long but sure worth it as I am sure allot of you have been in same situation! Probably 10 years ago at deer camp we had a member from Georgia- this feller was the type that had done evrything better than you and well you all know the type- Well this year he brings in a Chocolate lab- brags that I paid 3 thousand dollars for it and spent another 2 thousand sending it to retriver school- every evening around the fire that was all you heard was about how great this lab was- well this trip I had brought my yeller lab "Cricket" along with me- I paid 100 bucks for her as a pup- she aint never been to school either!:smack: Well ever since Cricket was a pup I would let her smell/lick sumin and I would toss it and she would bring back pennies nickles dimes what ever- well before this feller came around the campfire this night I let Cricket lick 2 dimes and a nickle and I tosseed them over in the Canes behind the fire and made her stay- well this feller came out as we knew he would bragging about his dog and how great he was, we had quite a few folks around so I asked him if his dog was so great could he throw out a quarter in the canes and the dog bring back change!Well he said that no dog could do that so I took a quarter out of my pocket and thru it in the canes and sent my ole 100 dollar dog, well she made 3 trips and deposited at my feet 2 dimes and a nickle:thumb: This feller got so mad he took his dog and went to his camper and when we awoke the next morning to hunt he had left to go back to Georgia!:thumb:

·
Moderator/smokepole pimp
11,480 Posts
Mine ain't near as impressive, but our old yeller lab female had an interesting way of letting us know she needed "out." The door knob on the back porch door was always loose, when she had to go she'd rattle the door knob with her nose so it made a ringing noise. When we had company over they would hear that and swear we had our dog trained to ring a bell to be let out.

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine ain't near as impressive, but our old yeller lab female had an interesting way of letting us know she needed "out." The door knob on the back porch door was always loose, when she had to go she'd rattle the door knob with her nose so it made a ringing noise. When we had company over they would hear that and swear we had our dog trained to ring a bell to be let out.
:thumb: They are impressive aint they!

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I wrote that story I looked over at "Cricket" she is 13 now and dont get around like she use to but dang if she didnt have a smile on her face!:biggrin:

·
Moderator/smokepole pimp
11,480 Posts
After I wrote that story I looked over at "Cricket" she is 13 now and dont get around like she use to but dang if she didnt have a smile on her face!:biggrin:
My 12 1/2 year old goldie was picked out of the litter because I swear she looked up at me and smiled! They are the finest things to have around kids, too.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/seemorri/palefacewoflash.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/seemorri/P1000370.jpg

Like fine wine, they mellow with age. I'ts hard to watch them grow old, though.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
In the deer dog thread I was accused of hating dogs- which isnt true but to show how much I like dogs-I thought it would be cool to hear about your favorite pet stories even picts if you want to show off your pet0Here is mine and alil long but sure worth it as I am sure allot of you have been in same situation! Probably 10 years ago at deer camp we had a member from Georgia- this feller was the type that had done evrything better than you and well you all know the type- Well this year he brings in a Chocolate lab- brags that I paid 3 thousand dollars for it and spent another 2 thousand sending it to retriver school- every evening around the fire that was all you heard was about how great this lab was- well this trip I had brought my yeller lab "Cricket" along with me- I paid 100 bucks for her as a pup- she aint never been to school either!:smack: Well ever since Cricket was a pup I would let her smell/lick sumin and I would toss it and she would bring back pennies nickles dimes what ever- well before this feller came around the campfire this night I let Cricket lick 2 dimes and a nickle and I tosseed them over in the Canes behind the fire and made her stay- well this feller came out as we knew he would bragging about his dog and how great he was, we had quite a few folks around so I asked him if his dog was so great could he throw out a quarter in the canes and the dog bring back change!Well he said that no dog could do that so I took a quarter out of my pocket and thru it in the canes and sent my ole 100 dollar dog, well she made 3 trips and deposited at my feet 2 dimes and a nickle:thumb: This feller got so mad he took his dog and went to his camper and when we awoke the next morning to hunt he had left to go back to Georgia!:thumb:
Hey don't feel bad I am a ex-dog runner I know times are changing the day of the walker dog is gone they will have to get use to Beagles or quit hunting. People are moving out to the country where I have lived all my life but they have the same freedom rights I do. Dogs are a good thing and when as I have you find some really great friends. I have been on both sides of the fence. So congrats on this thread. DW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts