And we think hogs and coons raiding our feeders are bad...

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by ArkGirl, Jul 11, 2017.

1. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

You serious Vern?

Saltydog likes this.
  2. Kodiac

Kodiac Well-Known Member

Finally!

The first clear picture of a midget bigfoot.

3. Vern Humphrey

Vern Humphrey Well-Known Member

Dead serious.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Olympic hammer thrower from Singapore who used to go to the golf course early in the morning to practice? He was using the toilet there one morning when a python came up through the plumbing and bit his unmentionables.

4. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Like being trapped in a zombie apocalypse, I'd just throw my hands up and say "Jesus take me now".

Singapore is definitely out of the hat for future vacation possibilities.

lightsoutcalls and tomhunter like this.
  5. tomhunter

tomhunter Well-Known Member

Maybe they will start biting liberals/democrats.
    And Muslims.

6. N8HARNER

N8HARNER Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they are into the whole sour taste...

7. Vern Humphrey

We had a house and an apartment for our employees. We were winding down, and closed out the apartment, the people who lived there going back to the States. Not long after they left, snakes were found in the plumbing of that building -- the Straits Times had a picture showing several of them, after being removed by the Ministry of the Environment.

We sent a copy to one of the ladies that had lived there. :)

One woman who still lived there said, "I used to just go in and sit down when I went to the toilet at night. Now I turn the lights on and check for bubbles."

But a spokeswoman for the Ministry of the Environment assured everyone the building was safe now. Her name was Goh Pi Ing. :)

8. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

perhaps the absolute WORST reasoning ever - wait until something bad happens or the situation is completely gone before acting

they need to kill every one of them, right now, as fast as possible

9. Vern Humphrey

That's kind of like having a nest of rattlesnakes under your house, "As long as they don't bite me, I'll leave them alone."

But when they DO bite you, it's too late to do anything about it.

lightsoutcalls likes this.
  10. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

or millions of illegals in your country
    or millions of muslims coming in unchecked
    or millions on social care not deserving of it
    or no accountability for Govt spending money

list is long - but never, never, NEVER not address a problem

I explain it to my kids like a bad cut on your leg. Its going to hurt to clean it and put alcohol on it. Leave it for 3 weeks though unattended, and you're still going to have to clean it, but when its infected and pus filled, its going to REALLY hurt and might even kill you. All because you didn't want to address the problem.

11. Bucker10

Bucker10 Well-Known Member

Mr C needs to hit them with the ban hammer.

12. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

Florida probably treats them like Mtn. Lions in Arkansas. No season listed for them, therefore illegal to shoot. Also, may not really be enough breeding pairs to reproduce. Every monkey you see, is probably the same sex.:)

13. clawmute

clawmute Well-Known Member

Where are those invasive rock pythons when they're needed? They could squeeze out a solution methinks.

I understand the native Floridians fled when the first wave of invasive Retired New York and east coast octogenarians swarmed in. After that it's been all downhill.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 12:55 AM
  14. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I got bitten 3 times by one monkey in Vietnam, before I fought him off...I carried him with me via air transport, in a plastic body bag, to 9th Surgical Hosp. and got a short round of Rabies shots in the stomach for my trouble. Once they found out it didn't have Rabies, they cut the shots short and sent me back to Rach Gia via a L.O.A.C.H. with a crazy Navy pilot who delighted in buzzing the treetops at 200mph! LMAO Years later they found evidence of the rabies vaccine in my spinal fluid and made a false diagnosis for which I received 3 big shots in the buttocks of anti-biotics. What I went through over a few "monkeybites" I wouldn't wish on anyone...well almost anyone!

15. lightsoutcalls

lightsoutcalls Well-Known Member

I wonder how a duke dogproof trap would work on monkeys?
    A fence charger hooked to the legs of the feeder might make for some interesting video.

Until...
    monkey.jpg

16. Vern Humphrey

As I said, in Singapore, the guys setting up the trap got caught inside, and the monkeys saw it.