And it Begins

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by bayman1975, Jan 5, 2011.

1. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I've got carpal tunnel surgery scheduled for January 19th for my left hand. I'm at the point that my fingers are nearly completely numb nearly 100% of the time.

I've been refered to UAMS for my foot surgery. My first appointment is scheduled for June 1st. So, after my hand heals, I'm going to go ahead and have my right knee redone. I'm trying to get this all done before next years hunting season.

2. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

I need this on both hands now myself. I just keep putting it off. The last time they did the nerve test they told me that the nerves weren't even responding to the test. I had back surgery about 5 years ago and it's been really screwed up sinse and i'm just kinda scared of the knifes.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Bayman the Carpal tunnel isnt bad at all.I had one hand done the 3rd of Dec. and the other one done the 17th.Smartest decision I have made in a long time. I love the feeling of my hands not being asleep or totally numb. It did cost me a little extra money cause my wife said in a very clear way, I am NOT wiping your A**. I ended up buying a Bidet,thats a butt washer. I am about 90% I still cant put a lot of weight on my hands when getting up out of a chair.But I'm getting there. Good Luck.

4. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Had both hands done in 2004, one in August, other in October............sure was nice for a few years, then it started showing up again, not the numbness, but loss of grip strength, and when ya work with your hands in a repetitive motion type trade, it wears on ya!! In my case using Kliens and a screwdriver and working bucket controls, not to mention working High Voltage in rubber gloves daily.........

Only problems now, are sometimes these new fangled plastic coke bottles are a pain to open and sometimes a new jar of groceries of some type:biggrin:

5. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I had my right hand done in 1998, and the pain and numbness was gone. But you're right about the loss of grip, and the new soda bottle lids. In 1998, the surgery was done by a neurosurgeon, and my hand was completely bandaged with my arm in a sling for a couple of weeks. This time it's being done by a orthopedic surgeon, and he says that I'll have a much smaller incesion this time, and there will be a small bandage and I'll be able to use my fingers when I come out of surgery. The procedure must have changed.