Arkansas Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
14,196 Posts
No price gouging where I was. Normal prices. I bought 2 boxes of 22-250 for 20 bucks a box. I tried to buy 5 but he wouldn't let me.
Just thought I would throw that out there if anyone was needing anything. No sweat of my butt one way or the other.

·
Registered
31,123 Posts
I picked up some 9mm critical defense at academy this morning.
They had a pretty decent pile of ammo.
Mostly handgun.
Had a good plie of 7.62. And 17 too.
Had a big pile of 9mm fmj.
Had .40 .45 and I think I saw some 357.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How about this, I saw a case of 6.5 Creedmoor, Hornady ELD Match 143 grain, at Ft. Thompsons on Friday.. $39.99 a box he said. I didn't buy any, they said they found them hiding in the back. I did handle a box but didn't open it, just held it for a second or two. Hard to believe there was real, actual, 6.5 CM factory ammo in existence for sale in the USA. I would have been less surprised to see sasquatch.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
How about this, I saw a case of 6.5 Creedmoor, Hornady ELD Match 143 grain, at Ft. Thompsons on Friday.. $39.99 a box he said. I didn't buy any, they said they found them hiding in the back. I did handle a box but didn't open it, just held it for a second or two. Hard to believe there was real, actual, 6.5 CM factory ammo in existence for sale in the USA. I would have been less surprised to see sasquatch.
Just depends where your at. I’ve seen them multiple times last 3 months, in different stores. Not in AR, though.

·
Registered
14,196 Posts
I seen some 6.5 at Academy in Joplin Mo. Not seen any in Arkansas in a while. Only reason I seen what I did is a blizzard just rolled through and the local Professional ammo scavengers had not made it through yet. I seen a ton of 6 Creed if anyone needs that. There was a guy and his wife, that went through separately and bought everything they would allow. They were limiting it to 3 boxes. I bought 2 boxes of 380 cause Im pretty well stocked on it, and Im not a Jack***. :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
We have had 6.5 creedmore at our local Atwood’s for a month now. I guess people got their belly full of them! Had 300 blackouts for a couple of weeks and still had some a couple days ago.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I seen some 6.5 at Academy in Joplin Mo. Not seen any in Arkansas in a while. Only reason I seen what I did is a blizzard just rolled through and the local Professional ammo scavengers had not made it through yet. I seen a ton of 6 Creed if anyone needs that. There was a guy and his wife, that went through separately and bought everything they would allow. They were limiting it to 3 boxes. I bought 2 boxes of 380 cause Im pretty well stocked on it, and Im not a Jack***. :)
Plenty of Jack*** Ammo Scavengers running around these days

·
Registered
26,270 Posts
I picked up some 9mm critical defense at academy this morning.
They had a pretty decent pile of ammo.
Mostly handgun.
Had a good plie of 7.62. And 17 too.
Had a big pile of 9mm fmj.
Had .40 .45 and I think I saw some 357.
You have to wait in line? They were proud of that FMJ 9mm

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Did your UPS order ever come thru?? Mine has moved from Sikeston to LR in the last 4 days.. My FedEx delivery has been on a truck out for delivery since Friday.. I guess it'll get here later than sooner..

·
Registered
14,196 Posts
Did your UPS order ever come thru?? Mine has moved from Sikeston to LR in the last 4 days.. My FedEx delivery has been on a truck out for delivery since Friday.. I guess it'll get here later than sooner..
Yep, it finally rolled in today. My ammo shelf looks much prettier.
It was out for delivery last Monday, then it mysteriously went back "in transit" for a whole week. lol

·
Registered
26,270 Posts
I thought they were a little high for normal prices but alot cheaper than online and in a year that may look like a bargain.
Yep, I agree. I see where all the ammo is going though. One of the workers I talked to said there was 20-30 people in line waiting on them to open.

·
Registered
31,123 Posts
Yep, I agree. I see where all the ammo is going though. One of the workers I talked to said there was 20-30 people in line waiting on them to open.
I went by friday before last and was coming around from lowes and a guy flagged me down and told me they were out of ammo because the truck couldnt make it.
I asked if I looked like I was wanting ammo and he said everybody thats here at this time is lookimg for ammo.
Said there is always a line.

81 - 100 of 177 Posts