Arkansas Hunting banner

281 - 300 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Texarkana Arkansas Walmart has started to get a few boxes. They had a couple boxes of 308 for 18 dollars and a couple for around 25. They also had several boxes of 22 lr, shorts and mini mags.

·
Premium Member
27,124 Posts
I finally had to break down and buy some 6.5 Grendal over the phone from south Louisiana. They are headed north on the crawdad truck. Still walking a little bow legged after that deal. Had to have something - didnt want the hogs to think I was getting complacent. Felt like I was doing a drug deal at $60.00 per box of Hornady Black. Ouch!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was going to mention the brass catcher, but Mr. Chitlin beat me to the punch. We haven’t hit the Fall rush yet, and still everything that hits the shelf is “..gone in 60 seconds.” 200 brass will get anybody who loads for the caliber excited. A set of dies cost well less than that $60 you paid for one box. I may be wrong, and we may see full shelves of ammo with no limits by October....and clearance prices. But I would give winning the lottery better odds myself.

New brass was running 75 cents a piece and up before the crazy.... 6.5 bullets are a bit hard to find, but not impossible. Midway has some today, speer gold dot bonded, for $20 per 50....would be bad medicine on hogs. Just a little incentive for holding on to brass if you can.

·
Premium Member
27,124 Posts
I was going to mention the brass catcher, but Mr. Chitlin beat me to the punch. We haven’t hit the Fall rush yet, and still everything that hits the shelf is “..gone in 60 seconds.” 200 brass will get anybody who loads for the caliber excited. A set of dies cost well less than that $60 you paid for one box. I may be wrong, and we may see full shelves of ammo with no limits by October....and clearance prices. But I would give winning the lottery better odds myself.

New brass was running 75 cents a piece and up before the crazy.... 6.5 bullets are a bit hard to find, but not impossible. Midway has some today, speer gold dot bonded, for $20 per 50....would be bad medicine on hogs. Just a little incentive for holding on to brass if you can.
for sure, have plenty of components except for the brass. New caliber for me.

·
Registered
32,636 Posts
I just saw the mother load of 22 ammo at walmarks on highland in jonesboro.
Dude said they put out 500 boxes of 500 rnd thunderbolt late yesterdat afternoon and got another load in back that came in last night.
30 bucks for a 500 rnd box.

281 - 300 of 352 Posts