Amazon customer service

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Wes Ramsey, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Amazon.com's CS department. Somehow one of my 3 Christmas orders got sent to an old address. No idea how it happened, but my order had the old address on it. I guess I just didn't double-check. Anyway, I checked the tracking number Saturday and it showed that it was delivered Tuesday of last week. I called and explained this to them, and they said that the best they could do was to immediately refund my $$ so I could re-order the stuff. Kinda sucks that it won't get here before Christmas, but they took a chance at losing the goods and $$ and gave me my money back when it was probably me that goofed the order. Two thumbs up, Amazon!

2. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

I did nearly all of my shopping on amazon. Never had a bit of trouble with them.

3. lc071

lc071 Well-Known Member

NEA
    I'm an Amazon fan. They're putting some hurt on wm and I like it.

4. slug slinger

slug slinger Super Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winne

I get a lot of stuff off of amazon. Can usually get it cheaper, and with no tax and most of the time free shipping. Never had a problem with them either. :thumb:

5. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

We use amazon a lot for both home and work. We joined the "Prime" program several years back and at $79 a year, it is awesome. We get free second day shipping on prime eligible items - (most everything) and then pay $3.99 for overnight on things that would have normally been $100 to overnight due to size. We ordered our entire Christmas from there over the past few years so we never have to leave the house. :thumb:

Plus you get access to all of the online videos they offer similar to netflix.

We love amazon at this house. Customer service is great just like Wes said as well. I have had a couple of things damaged and they always get right on it. I have also bought things and then a day later the price drop drastically on the same item. I can call them and they will match it and refund the difference..

Good people there..

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I've never had a problem with them either. :thumb:

7. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    I guess they are a good company because I've NEVER had to use their Customer Service. I guess that's a great comment on them. CJD, I have shunned the "prime" but didn't know you could get movies. I will check that out, thanks for that info.

I think the best Customer Service in America is Cabela's.

So here are two American companies that strive to do good service, and prosper because of it. Hip Hip Hoorah to 'em both.

8. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Everyone talks about the evils of Walmart but I've never had an issue returning an item there either.

9. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

I bought every single one of my wife's presents from Amazon this year.

10. sam

sam Grand Member

I'd never used Amazon much until this year. In the past year or so I've ordered 40+ items from them, some of the items were fairly big ticket for me anyway, and have to say I've always got excatly what I've ordered and only had on thing not show up on time. I had an SD card for a camera ordered that should have dot here about 10 days ago. I e-mailed the customer service at 10:30 PM last night and I got a return e-mail at 10:45PM that said they were sorry and a replacement would be sent, got another e-mail this morning with a tracking number and saying the item was shipped on UPS this morning and would be delivered on the 26th.:up:
    The thing I like about Amazon over Ebay is the price is set, no waiting for an auction to be over and if there is a problem you just deal with Amazon, everytime, and not different people selling e-bay and then if that doesn't work e-bay itself.

11. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

I ordered a deer feeder from amazon last year and received the wrong one. I called them to explain and they reshipped the correct one over night and told me to keep the other one as well.

12. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I have never used them. I will check them out. Thanks guys. Do they give anything for referrals?

13. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Good to hear so many folks are pleased with their level of service! I rate them right up there with RCBS in customer service. I've had to use RCBS CS a few times, always my own fault, and they've always taken care of me. Here's another loyal customer!

14. crackshot82

crackshot82 Moderator Staff Member

Fouke
    Never any trouble here.

15. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    My Wife & Son are Amazon junkies, especially my son. I'm a eBay addict!:cool:

16. willfred219

willfred219 Well-Known Member

I'm fixing to find out. The wife wants to return some of her presents. Never had a problem with Amazon but I'm getting ready to test them real good.

17. marshmallow

marshmallow Well-Known Member

Crossett
    Thumbs up to Amazon here too.