Am i all alone?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by fullcredit, Dec 26, 2010.

1. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Ever get the feeling that you got your dates mixed up on a hunt? Had to double check AGFC website for this holiday hunt. Sure is quiet. Only heard 3 shots in the distance. Dusting of snow here. 28 outside, 47 in the stand with the windows open and heater going. Son in law woke up sick-too much food yesterday I guess. He has buck tags and I don't.. Oh well, a big ole doe will be fine with me. Heading in after while for church, them I'll be back this afternoon. Good luck to all who are hunting. Stay warm-I sure am!:cool:

2. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I was out feeding for at least 1 hour.....didn't hear anyone shoot...not even you!:thumb:

3. bernie

bernie Well-Known Member

I just got in, and I heard no gunfire at all. I also only saw one other truck parked where someone was hunting. I guess it's down to the crazy guys that are all that is left hunting deer. I also saw no deer while on the stand. This has not been my year!

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

We just got in. Heard one shot in zone 10. We were facing north and in a ladder stand, the temp with a windchill was 18 to 20 degrees, at 9:30 the wife and I said screw it, it's too cold.

Good luck to you die hard hunters:up:

5. Dark Timber Stalker

Dark Timber Stalker Well-Known Member

Even the deer stayed in this morning it's so cold. :biggrin:

6. ozark outdoorsman

ozark outdoorsman Account Suspended

I only heard 2 single shots and then one round of "spray and pray" all morning myself. Very little shooting.

7. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I never heard a shot this morning, froze my :censored: off and never seen a thing. That's been par for the course this year. :banghead:

8. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Well I am working so I guess I didn't miss much.

9. possum

I'll head back out in a couple of hours, what deer I've seen has been just before dark anyways. :shrug:

10. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here debating whether or not to go. I saw the big buck I'm after Fri morning he ran across my FIL place right upto the road I was driving on,kinda like he was teasing me, and then jumped the fence after I drove by and ran over to the Aunt's place. If I do go hunt today it's going to be bittersweet since today will probably be the last day I ever hunt this farm again.

11. ozarkthunder

ozarkthunder Well-Known Member

Would really like to go,but have not seen a horn in 2 years. The wife had to work all week and go in at 5:00am this morning(wally world). We have a dump truck load of laundry, kitchen sink full of dirty dishes,and a 9 year old still cranked up from Christmas. I would take tomorrow off, but i was off all last week. Maybe a bowhunt or 2 next week.

12. my dad went this morning down south and did not see anything or hear any shots either. glad i decided to stay home today

13. camocreek

camocreek Well-Known Member

They sellin the farm?

14. nontypical

nontypical Well-Known Member

x2

15. I went this morning from 6am till 2pm. I did not hear a single shot. Nver seen a thing. Did arrow a armidillo. But forgot to take a pic of it for the bowhunting contest :banghead:

16. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

The wife is on me to get up and go in the morning. I only see two problems. One, I really am not fond of getting up at 3am when there is no real need. And two, I'm not sure that after I make it up to camp, that I'll be able to leave a perfectly warm truck for the lackluster comforts of a non-heated ground blind. (Will probably be around 15degs if the wx man is close to accurate). Oh well, think I'll choose my fights wisely and start looking for my warm clothes. :fit:

17. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I promised the oldest we would go, and told him to have his stuff laid out so we did not wake up momma this morning. That all changed when I got sick about 10:30 last night. I told him to forget hunting today, but luckily I woke up feeling better. I think I ate something at the in-laws that did not agree with me. I hope to go out in the morning, and get the feeders set-up for the youth hunt.

18. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Went this afternoon..saw zip until walking back to the truck when it was slap dark!! Gonna be a lot colder in the morning than it was this afternoon.........I might get up, check the temp and roll=over and go back to sleep!:biggrin:

19. possum

Went back out about 2 and set until dark and saw 2 tree rats and a rabbit. Picked the camera up on the way out and it had pics on it....mostly night time activity.

20. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Nope my FIL's dumb:mad: son and his idiot grandson have decided that after all this time, they haven't set foot on their or done anything in over 10 years, have decided to suddenly take an interest in the farm. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my FIl is 74 and is probably about ready to quit farming.(extreme sarcasm)