Arkansas Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m a straight up “duck hunter” ! I hunted all sixty days last year plus a youth hunt ! I no longer deer hunt but still love to watch mallards cup up and fall from the sky ! I’ll quit duck hunting too before I sit in line at some nameless WMA a week before season !

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ahh the joys of ducks season. Nothing like walking through the woods on your property and find 20 or so people camped out in the woods then the next day having to put out a forest fire caused by their camp fire

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm just glad I'm a simple duck hunter. I guess with experience and work I've learned options a-d that would produce a limit of teal or more on opening day. Plan e is always a good wood duck shoot. Small competition, less headaches. Plenty of more days to chase the green heads. I just find no interest in this and don't see how this is fun. To each his own.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It’s good practice to pull your boat behind your truck year round so you’re always ready. In addition to that I only shoot 3.5s when I shoot skeet.
Sounds like you brought plenty of Fireball for the camping/scouting week so that will make the Saturday morning heartbreak a little easier....

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
The ones that think it’s ridiculous are “haters”. No, it’s just tearing down hunting we have enjoyed for so long. It will eventually lead to a draw system or more restrictions.
Question, Who are the “Hater’s” now?

All of the original Hater’s, the old traditional guys, who were called that back when all this started are all but gone. Most moved on, many have passed on, those that remain have chosen to seek like elsewhere. In truth, they heeded advice given, how did it go, “If you cannot run with the big dogs don’t get in the race!” And another, “If you not a player, don’t get in the game!” So if the Old Hater’s are gone, who are these new hater’s?

Could it be that the new group of hater’s could the Big Dog’s and Player’s of yesterday who replaced the Old original Hater’s are now being replaced by a new group of Big Dog’s in the race and Player’s in the game?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
if you had been scouting Millwood, you would also be really glad you have to work this weekend ;)
I’m not going to lie I haven’t done one bit of scouting. I was planning to crappie fish until second or third season but I have a nephew that really wants me to take him. Guess I’ll just have to take him and wing it one day next week.

·
Super Moderator
13,905 Posts
if you had been scouting Millwood, you would also be really glad you have to work this weekend ;)
I scouted Monday and I’m planning to deer hunt tomorrow. First opener I’ve missed in years but the lack of ducks and abundance of idiots I’m setting this one out. Does make me a little sad though.

·
Premium Member
25,813 Posts
I scouted Monday and I’m planning to deer hunt tomorrow. First opener I’ve missed in years but the lack of ducks and abundance of idiots I’m setting this one out. Does make me a little sad though.
Gonna be my first opener that I sit out since I started duck hunting. Started in 1961. Thought about going just to keep the streak alive - but scouting and not seeing a single duck yesterday - not even a 400 yard wood duck, then fishing in McGuire until dark and seeing one lost wood duck - convinced me I had better things to do. After having by far our worst season ever last year - I thought at least it cant be any worse. Afraid I might have been wrong.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
I'm just glad I'm a simple duck hunter. I guess with experience and work I've learned options a-d that would produce a limit of teal or more on opening day. Plan e is always a good wood duck shoot. Small competition, less headaches. Plenty of more days to chase the green heads. I just find no interest in this and don't see how this is fun. To each his own.
This is me also. I’d rather hunt away as far away from Dave D or Big Lake as I can get. I rather hunt a few woodies in a isolated slough or walk into a isolated section that no boat can get to. Eventually the mallards find these spots. It may not be limits but it’s fun without the stress of others crowding you. I enjoy duck hunting but I don’t hunt them to show my ducks off. Or to show my boat off at the ramp etc. I think a vast majority of these kids have missed the boat anyways on what good duck hunting experience is. They know nothing but crowds and shooting swings off others, or shooting 20 ft above tree tops.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
5,129 Posts
It’s hilarious. Along with the flat billed hats, face paint, mall crawler diesel trucks with Yeti stickers all over them, mud motors, and list goes on. Just dang funny to watch all the nonsense.
I love my yeti & don’t own a flat bill

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
I love my yeti & don’t own a flat bill
I’ll say this, I don’t have any yeti coolers but I have a coffee cup I like and one of those water containers. I like to carry to stand or on the lawn mower or maybe on a SXS ride. I love that 16 ounce water container with a lid on top that opens easy to another necked down lid so you can take that one off to put ice in. Dang that’s pure genius.

I’ve bought 3-4 Walmart similar kind and literally I couldn’t get the lids off at times. I had to get some channel locks on one and almost died of dehydration. If someone can riddle me why those lids won’t come off at times. They seize up almost for no reason.

·
Premium Member
25,813 Posts
There are a couple yetis around deer camp. As far as I am concerned - they are ok if all you do is leave them in one place and store deer meat in them. Heaven forbid you have to move them. Any cooler that requires two people to move - empty - has no place in my cooler arsenal.

81 - 100 of 153 Posts