Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trucks already in line at WMA’s. Heard people are paying youngsters to get in line and hold a spot. This is what duck hunting has come to.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
It’s hilarious. Along with the flat billed hats, face paint, mall crawler diesel trucks with Yeti stickers all over them, mud motors, and list goes on. Just dang funny to watch all the nonsense.

·
Registered
25,115 Posts
More social media / YouTube idiocy. But hey.....if they wanna sit in a truck for a week more power to them.
Like I said in another thread, there aren’t enough ducks in the world for me to fool with that mess. Even if you do get “on the X”, you’re going to have people 360° around you by daylight. I’ll gladly go to some private and shoot a few as fool with that. If that was my only option to hunt opening morning I’d gladly sit on the couch. What this whole thing has turned into is downright laughable and sad at the same time. What a joke...

·
Member<br>2016 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>
2,748 Posts
I love duck hunting and finally got back into it pretty serious last year but there's absolutely no way in helllllll I'd be camped out at a ramp for days. Like OFD said no matter how early you get there people will still show up at shooting light and run in on top of you. We roll in a few minutes before 4, get loaded up and head to one of our spots and we always have people walk up on us and several times last year had people try to hunt with us or within sight of us. This sport is not what it use to be by any means but those good days keep you coming back for more. A fella could probably make some money selling samiches, ice, and other goods to those fools setting at the ramp for a week.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You democrats keep wishing for a draw and your gonna get it. It will be fair no doubt. Everyone will get to hunt one maybe two days a year on public land. They will tell you where you can hunt regardless if there’s any ducks in that area or not. Funny that the folks I know that support a draw hunt private or no longer hunt at all. The day we have to show up 2 hours early to sign up or log on the www to put our name in a hat to maybe hunt will be they day duck “hunting” is over.

·
Registered
444 Posts
You democrats keep wishing for a draw and your gonna get it. It will be fair no doubt.
Oh, the Democrat insult... never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Every state protects their most valuable wildlife resources and hunt quality through draw systems. Time for AGFC to come on up into the 21st century.

Luckily for you, they are decades behind in deer, turkey, and GTR management- so they'll be well behind on this as well (one could argue they already are).

·
Registered
444 Posts
You democrats keep wishing for a draw and your gonna get it. It will be fair no doubt. Everyone will get to hunt one maybe two days a year on public land. They will tell you where you can hunt regardless if there’s any ducks in that area or not. Funny that the folks I know that support a draw hunt private or no longer hunt at all. The day we have to show up 2 hours early to sign up or log on the www to put our name in a hat to maybe hunt will be they day duck “hunting” is over.
One realistic solution to the problems you've presented:

Definitely not a "show up and draw" scenario. The AGFC should handle it like WMA gun permits. Divide the WMA's up per split, per WMA. Draw two weeks before season. You get plenty of guaranteed hunt days and you know of them in advance.

If you don't get drawn, go hunt NWR or private ground.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Wait....

When's the opener?

I was guessing this morning, after the pic he showed yesterday

A week away????

1 - 20 of 153 Posts