Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,662 Posts
After the buck tags are gone, it's kinda different, but I'm still hunting. Been off a week and I have not seen a single deer. Will probably go out again tomorrow afternoon and sit in a honeysuckle patch. Saw some fresh sign in there a few days ago, so maybe they will come through while I'm there. Good luck to all of y'all that are still hunting.

·
Premium Member
28,306 Posts
Had my best day of the year last Friday evening. First deer to materialize was a decent 10. Nothing huge, but 16" inside, decent mass and decent height. Bigger than anything I have every taken with a bow. He fed in one place for 20 minutes - 20 yards behind and left of me. The tree I was in was limby back that way and I could not get a shot. Then, four more bucks, three 8's and a six come out - one real nice one. 16" inside spread, and heavy. They spread out all around me - the big 8 at one time was 8 yards directly in front of me. Still, the 10 has not moved out of the spot he was feeding. Finally, a doe walks out and slowly feeds by the ten, but travels directly behind me, taking him with her. Oh well, fun afternoon. Seeing lots of deer. I am looking for a good one, or a doe. But all that is giving me a shot are medium sized bucks. Seeing 3 bucks to every doe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't get in the woods in Arkansas much until after the late youth hunt. Let the orange army do their thing and as has been mentioned, find the bedding area, and food and wait for the wind. I do get a little lazy and mainly hunt afternoons though.

Colder the better!

Good luck.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
I'm just now getting after them. Its been a crazy year and I just been to busy to go much. Been last two days and gonna go again tomorrow and this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts