Arkansas Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
He probably couldn't beat it in the county court but he can take it to Little Rock and probably win. Been their and done that. It cost te land owner a grand and he got a ticket also.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
A friend of mine is an AR game warden. He told me if calls come down from the state, they expect tickets. Officer discretion isn't a thing at that point.

Did your friend call a warden or the state?

·
Registered
457 Posts
So he got a ticket from a warden for tying up a gator, who proceeded to tie up the same gator and remove him?

·
Premium Member
14,526 Posts
I'm still wanting to know the charge. For the life of me I can't imagine what would put that many pts on a license unless there multiple charges stacked up.

Either the whole story isn't known or the warden went out of his way to jack this guy up.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm still wanting to know the charge. For the life of me I can't imagine what would put that many pts on a license unless there multiple charges stacked up.

Either the whole story isn't known or the warden went out of his way to jack this guy up.
Sounds like this warden is about on the same level as the trooper who pitted the pregnant woman, just another good ole state boy we are all paying to treat us all like criminals.

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
A friend of mine is an AR game warden. He told me if calls come down from the state, they expect tickets. Officer discretion isn't a thing at that point.

He called the sheriff office, and they called the game warden. This was in Little River Co.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sounds like the good ole state trooper that pulled me over for having My seat belt on but tucked under my arm pit and he plainly stated “ I see your seat belt is on, but there is no such thing as partial seatbelt ticket. so I’m going to write you a no seatbelt ticket and you can explain to the judge and let him decide.”

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A friend of mine is an AR game warden.

I don’t think many people have a warden’s number, unless they are a friend. I’ve called the state before to report something, asked for the local warden’s number, and did not get it. The particular incident happened near the border of my property. Never heard back from the state, nor, a warden. Won’t waste my time to call them, again.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I’ve had them come a couple times when I had trespassers hemmed up. Couple other times I never heard back. It’s warden to warden……some are good hard working folks. Others are asses. Guess it’s that way with anything. But one bad apple….you know the rest

·
Registered
424 Posts
We had a warden that lived about a mile from us. My dad asked him one time if he caught his mom or wife breaking the law what would he do. He said I would write a ticket or arrest them. Well he did write his wife a ticket one day and she filed for divorce the next day.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
We had a warden that lived about a mile from us. My dad asked him one time if he caught his mom or wife breaking the law what would he do. He said I would write a ticket or arrest them. Well he did write his wife a ticket one day and she filed for divorce the next day.
Runyon?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sounds like the good ole state trooper that pulled me over for having My seat belt on but tucked under my arm pit and he plainly stated “ I see your seat belt is on, but there is no such thing as partial seatbelt ticket. so I’m going to write you a no seatbelt ticket and you can explain to the judge and let him decide.”
i understand why people fight the cops, with that kinda crap going on.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
He called the sheriff office, and they called the game warden. This was in Little River Co.
It seems like the sheriff would have had access to the warden's direct number. Warden's in Arkansas can make arrests on behalf of the sheriff. Seems like they would be somewhat friendly. If not, and the call went to the state first, the state may have notified the warden that the gator was being molested and then he is almost forced to write tickets.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts