Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine roped a gator in his yard. Tied it to bumper of his truck and called the game warden to come and remove the gator. After warden came to remove the gator he gave him a ticket for $500 for tying up the gator. Also gave him 18 points on his hunting license. That will keep him from hunting deer this year. Anyone ever heard of this.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
That sounds about right. And people wonder why calling the agfc is NEVER considered a good idea. Even just talking to a game warden is risky. Keep it simple. Yes, no, not sure. May I go. Some great wildlife officers work for the agfc without a doubt. But a bunch are pricks and it’s their culture to be pricks. It starts at top and trickles down.

·
Premium Member
14,537 Posts
What was the charge? Harassing wildlife?

Unless there is more to the story, officer discretion would have been a better move. I do believe I'd ride that one to the court and plead my case with a judge.

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes there was a little more to the story. He also gave his sil a ticket for helping. His was $250 and no hunting restrictions. I just didn’t want to type everything, was just wondering what kind of law did he break? All he did was tie it up till the sheriff deputies and game warden came to get it. Warden told him to untie the gator and he tied it up the way he wanted it to be and loaded it up. Then he said he wanted there licenses and went to the truck. Stayed there for awhile then came back with the fines. Told them he gave them the best he could. Said it could have been as much as $5000. Also said he was a young guy. This is all I know!

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
I'd raise hell til there wasn't anyone left to raise hell to, then raise some more. That would make me wanna stomp every turkey egg I could find and pry open the mouth of every bass I caught with a stick when I threw 'em back. Not that I would, but I'd want to ..... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I find it ridiculous and hard to believe that a warden would write such a ticket to begin with but at the same time the ASP and AGFC now hire people on college degree's and not common sense anymore. I would be in court but first I would call his supervisor and talk to him...d2

1 - 20 of 66 Posts