All you cigarette smokers might wanna check this out.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Gemini2281, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

Ok, so I have tried to quit smoking many, many times. I've tried the patch, the gum, the electronic cigarettes (really good gadget, btw) and nothing has worked. While I will continue to try to kick the habit eventually, I thought I would pass this along to those that either can't or don't want to quit.

I've been paying around $50 a carton for cigarettes for a while now. A friend of mine mentioned that he was saving a ton of money on his smokes by making them himself. I had tried rolling my own for a while but just didn't really like it. They were too strong and took too long to roll. Well, my buddy turned me onto this little piece of awesome right here:

[​IMG]

This is a cigarette injector. You use tubes that already have filters on them. Just put the tobacco in the little slot there, pull the handle and you have a cigarette that compares to those you would buy anywhere. I smoked Marlboro Lights for years and I honestly can't tell much of a difference when using this tobacco:

[​IMG]

I know, it says pipe tobacco. There is a long back story to this but lets just say that it is mislabeled due to taxing reasons. :razz:

After the initial investment in the machine ($25) I am able to make a carton of cigarettes for right around $7. You can find the machines, tubes, and tobacco in pretty much any decent tobacco store or you can order online.

If anyone is interested you should check out this video. This guys gives a good rundown on the whole process:

Making Your Own Cigarettes

2. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

My step-dad doesnt use the same machine or same brand of tobacco but he does make his own and uses pipe tobacco for around 10 bucks a carton. It is sure hard to beat a marlboro though.

3. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    Been doing this myself for over two years.
    I still wanna quit, and I probably will - the day comes that I actually "believe" that, and make it happen.....
    but, until then, this is the ticket for keeping some jingle in your pocket! :up:
    Cigarettes in this tax happy state are almost 8 dollars a pack! For the cost of a pack, I can make a carton.
    They smoke great and taste great.... just about everyone that has ever "borrowed" one :)head:) has been surprised to learn they are homemade....

4. lonwen99

lonwen99 Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

Hey there folks , not tying to be a smart :censored: but after 30 plus years of smoking , now living with emphysema and on oxygen you will quit . :thumb::flag:

5. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

It's been 11 years since I gave 'em up....One of the best decisions I've ever made.

6. Gemini2281

I still hit up a friend for a Marlboro Red or Camel Light from time to time.

7. Gemini2281

I think pretty much all of us want to quit. Like I said, I will never stop trying to quit. But until then, this is a way to keep my habit from being so expensive.

8. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

I have a friend that does this and saves a lot of money.