Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I’m ready for 4 duck limits and 30 day seasons. I seriously duck hunt because I run out of deer tags every season. I’ll maybe hunt with one other hunter 2 or 3 times a season. I just love the peace and quiet and I always try to get as far away from other people as I can. If that means going to sit on the creek bank by myself just to shoot my limit of wood ducks then so be it. May need to invest in a good pack of beagles...
Better be the old 30/3... 2mallard and a trasher!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I’m ready for 4 duck limits and 30 day seasons. I seriously duck hunt because I run out of deer tags every season. I’ll maybe hunt with one other hunter 2 or 3 times a season. I just love the peace and quiet and I always try to get as far away from other people as I can. If that means going to sit on the creek bank by myself just to shoot my limit of wood ducks then so be it. May need to invest in a good pack of beagles...
Too bad they tore up that ol beaver dam.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
What idiots. SMH.... I seen some folks driving thru the fence on 440 the other week. Scouting the slough. Yeah that's part of the corp land too. I've known other folks that got tickets out there.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They put a video on tic-toc. My son showed me. They’re proud of it. Calling themselves the famous Arkansas poachers

·
Member<br>2016 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>
2,836 Posts
Complete morons and they're getting out of it with a slap on the wrist. Every one of those boys think it's just a big joke. I wish they would throw the book at them, fine the hell out of them and take their hunting rights for a few years. I know we've all done stupid crap as kids but this was just blatant disregard for the law, there's signs all over that place saying no hunting. Maybe the judge will see all of their social media bragging before the hearing and lay it to them.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That goofy grin and them posting it tells me they didn't get anything from this at all. That's just..."daddy is gonna pay the fine and yell at me again...totally worth it to get the likes..."

It's another item on the "cred" list to prove they are a "real" duck hunter...just like Foiles, etc. They aren't poachers...they're just too stupid for words to park on the road and walk in past the sign and hunt in daylight.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I agree that they didn't learn anything from this. They think it is hilarious and are making a joke out of it. If they do have to go to court and the judge sees that, it will not end well. They probably only have to pay a fine though.
The actual offense is idiotic and foolish, yes, but not actually that big of a deal. The laughing and joking about it on social media is a bigger deal IMO, and to me it is saying they don't care and will do something stupid again.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The “cool” thing for high school kids to do is have long wispy hair or crappy looking Mullets with Banded or Sitka jackets. Gotta get that jacked up F-150 tailgate pic of 3 teal and a ringneck holding up gang signs! I can’t wait for the day when duck hunting is no longer “cool.” Massive changes are needed, the attitude of the young guys is killing the sport.

·
Registered
25,721 Posts
The “cool” thing for high school kids to do is have long wispy hair or crappy looking Mullets with Banded or Sitka jackets. Gotta get that jacked up F-150 tailgate pic of 3 teal and a ringneck holding up gang signs! I can’t wait for the day when duck hunting is no longer “cool.” Massive changes are needed, the attitude of the young guys is killing the sport.
To be fair it isn’t just the young kids (although they’re a lot of it)... I’ve seen plenty of full grown men act like complete imbeciles over a duck...

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
When I was a teenager, duck hunting was considered a poor mans sport.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I agree that they didn't learn anything from this. They think it is hilarious and are making a joke out of it. If they do have to go to court and the judge sees that, it will not end well. They probably only have to pay a fine though.
The actual offense is idiotic and foolish, yes, but not actually that big of a deal. The laughing and joking about it on social media is a bigger deal IMO, and to me it is saying they don't care and will do something stupid again.
Wardens should've taken every gun and vehicle. Make it hurt for them to be dumb, because that's what this is.

I'm not saying I've never done anything illegal, hunting-wise. I did. But this, ain't that.

And it's not even a good story...a family member of mine walked across the frozen-over Mississippi River dragging a sled and two unplugged Model 12's; another guy was with him doing the same. They walked into the back side of a refuge where the Canada geese were roosted up and let the flock have it. They loaded the sleds with dead geese and trucked back across the river, since they knew the wardens would come from the opposite direction and have to fight the ice. The other guy fell through not far from shore, but they both made it back to the guy's shack on the river. If I remember the story correctly they picked geese all night the next night.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts