Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave friday for my spring bear hunt, I never thought this week would come.
Talked to guide today and the snow is almost gone, he said they killed a 9'
grizzly yesterday and the bears was coming out of the dens. Maybe we will do some good:thumb:

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I leave friday for my spring bear hunt, I never thought this week would come.
Talked to guide today and the snow is almost gone, he said they killed a 9'
grizzly yesterday and the bears was coming out of the dens. Maybe we will do some good:thumb:
Take plenty of pictures and good hunting!! What part are ya headed to??

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
good luck!

Reggie is leaving for alaska in a month. No bear hunting just fishing around Homer, AK.

Where are you headed to hunt. Reggie's father (reggie-2-guns SR) usually see lots of bears and moose while he's fishing the salmon run on the Anchor River.

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Good luck, I'm a little jealous too!!! :doh: We are going on vacation to Gulf Shores next week though and are going to get to do some fishing for redfish mainly! I'm READY to go!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unit 16 about 150 miles southwest of Ancorage. I will take plenty of pics
and may one of a kill if I am lucky, they say the scenery is worth the trip.
Maybe it wont rain every day.
map

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Unit 16 about 150 miles southwest of Ancorage. I will take plenty of pics
and may one of a kill if I am lucky, they say the scenery is worth the trip.
Maybe it wont rain every day.
map

Sounds like ya might be going to Lake Illiaumna (sp)...if ya get close to King Salmon, check out Eddie's Fireside Bar & Grill.......if it's still there:biggrin:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Alaska

I made my first trip to Kodiak Island in Sept. It was the best trip I`ve ever been on. I bet we saw over a hundred bears ,I mean up close some as close as 10 yds. The fishing was great, we caught silver salmon in the 20lb range.
I`ve already got my tickets for this year

·
Registered
636 Posts
There are some really big bears on that east side of Cook inlet. Friend got chased off a salmon stream by one. What are you shooting? Is that a Grizzly area or still a Brown Bear Area?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.