Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it in today and love the looks and feel but as feared the front sight is very slightly canted. I mean not much at all. Is this going to be an issue with it being on target or just an eye sore? I really dont want to ship it back if its no big deal. It has no adjustments on it that I can tell.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Is the front sight bent?You're putting a scope on it are'nt you?
If not,.....Well put a scope on it,or take it back.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the front sight bent?You're putting a scope on it are'nt you?
If not,.....Well put a scope on it,or take it back.
The whole sight is off set to the right. Seems like from a lot of people this is a huge problem with AKs. And no I was not planning on putting a scope on it. Found this last night and it says that it is just a looks thing that it does not affect the shooting? By the way mine is NOT near this bad.
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/cant.htm

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts
I've read a lot about the front sight cant on some AK's. Seemed like the Romanian rifles (SAR, WASR) had a bad rep for this. As long as it shoots reliably, and you can get the sights set, I'd probably keep it. I put a red dot on my AK, so I don't worry about the iron sights.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Ah, yessss, I remember when those bottom-folders were nigh on to imposible to come by. It's good to see y'all arming yourselves! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
And that wasn't too long ago either........... And we had bst grabbed whatever we want RIGHT NOW!!!

There are NO gun-loving candidates for POTUS this time around.... take heed.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
And that wasn't too long ago either........... And we had bst grabbed whatever we want RIGHT NOW!!!

There are NO gun-loving candidates for POTUS this time around.... take heed.
I heeer you, brother! Got the first AR put together, second one is in the works (one way or another-more on that one later). My next step is to put my father-in-laws reloading equipment into constant use (maybe three shifts!) until we have enough bang-pills to bog down the truck.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Mr C as fast as I could pull the trigger all 30 were gone:biggrin:
Dang I hate when that happens. Time to practice tactical reloads!

American Rifleman magazine (I think) recently did an article about how they reload an AK rapid-like down at the Gunsite shooting academy. If you already have a loaded mag in your left hand, you can use that fresh magazine to push forward on the mag catch. That way when the empty mag falls free, you are standing there with a fresh mag in hand in close proximity to where it needs to go, ready to slam it on in.

Rock the mag back and forth to ensure it latched up proper like, and cycle the action with your left hand reaching underneath the rifle, which has already been rotated 90 degrees (ejection port down) to make the charging handle easier to reach.

There's probably more to it and they did a better job describing it than I could, but it looked like it would be fun to practice.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dang I hate when that happens. Time to practice tactical reloads!

American Rifleman magazine (I think) recently did an article about how they reload an AK rapid-like down at the Gunsite shooting academy. If you already have a loaded mag in your left hand, you can use that fresh magazine to push forward on the mag catch. That way when the empty mag falls free, you are standing there with a fresh mag in hand in close proximity to where it needs to go, ready to slam it on in.

Rock the mag back and forth to ensure it latched up proper like, and cycle the action with your left hand reaching underneath the rifle, which has already been rotated 90 degrees (ejection port down) to make the charging handle easier to reach.

There's probably more to it and they did a better job describing it than I could, but it looked like it would be fun to practice.

I learn how to do this and I will have to buy lots more ammo!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sure is fun :thumb: My wife always understands the purpose of my guns. Such as 12 g to duck hunt .22 for tree rats and so on. I bring this home the other day and she said whats its purpose and I thought for a second and just smiled and said stress relief:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
That's as good an answer as you could give. Tell her that if she thinks it looks scary, remind her it's there for her protection. People are more relaxed around scary guns and people if they are on YOUR side.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts