AH ATV ride?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Recreation' started by TheBattman, Dec 7, 2012.

1. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

I don't have land, nor do I have a plethora of time - but having seen threats both years ago and recently dealing with places to ride ATVs...

What do you all think about an organized ATV ride? Might be a good "get-together" opportunity for the Arkansas Hunting folks.

Just throwing the idea out there...

2. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

I'd be in for sure! First time I'd actually be here for a get together! What about the Ross Foundation Land? Been there once yrs back but rain came and everyone had young kids to it got cut short

3. jsilver919

4. 44

44 Well-Known Member

Permit is free but required for use of land. Not a lot of mud but I did find a hole one night that sunk my Tacoma truck. Mountain terrain for 95% of area. Fire lanes. Logging roads.

Oh yeah I applied for a permit six months ago and never received one.

5. chrisDXT

chrisDXT Well-Known Member

beebe
    What about moccasins gap north of Russellville...just an idea.. I'd be if for sure on ride.

6. jsilver919

Ive seen a thread from last spring recently where that place was mentioned a few times. Whats the terrain like there

7. chrisDXT

chrisDXT Well-Known Member

beebe
    I didn't ride over the whole place but it was fun, some rough areas creeks, moderate hill climbs. We went this summer so it was dry so not much mud but I have a few friends that go an says there is a lot of mud when it's not dry...

8. storyhunter

storyhunter Well-Known Member

Wolf Pen Gap over near Mena is a good ride.

9. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Heck, I'm in a 5,000 acre lease in Bradley County and have friends that are members of a larger adjoining lease. We could always get together after deer season go on a ride.

10. Twenty2feet

Twenty2feet Well-Known Member

Better not let the timber co find out about that. They start tittin and get their panties all wadded up.

11. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    I'd be down for a good ride!!

12. Texan44

Texan44 Well-Known Member

Count me in !

13. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I work for the timber company. I'm not worried about that!

14. Do what??? Most leases say recreation also...

15. LC

LC Well-Known Member

X2 :thumb:

16. bigbrown

bigbrown Well-Known Member

Id be in. Moccasin gap was a blast. Been to mean as well. Trying to plan a trip to sandtown ranch in batesville.

17. BigRacksRbetter

BigRacksRbetter Well-Known Member

Sandtown isn't worth the time at all.. its guided and very limited.. supposedly, (i cant find alot of info) but the guy that owns sandtown told me Bad Boy mowers has put in a big place right down the road from Sandtown location.. big place according to him.. i was just doin a thread about it on a group on fb.. can't find alot of info on it tho

18. Lovehollow

Lovehollow Well-Known Member

The place is called white buck ranch between mt pleasent and cushman just north o Batesville. Big place around 5k acres. Independence off road in Batesville can get you more info on that