Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from work this evening and my Triple Trophy packet was in the mail from the AGFC. I opened it up to find the normal letter and certificate that they mail you but instead of sending out the nice looking patch this year like they have the last 5 times I got it, the AGFC are being tight wads this year and sent out these cheap little .25 cent lapel pins instead. There the kind that you have to squeeze the little clip on the back to put it on and take it off. It looks like something that you would get as a giveaway on tables at the Hall of Industry at the State Fair or out of a bubble gum machine. It's a freakin joke! I guess the big wigs at the AGFC felt like shorting the public this year to cut costs or to fatten their own pay checks. I hunted hard this year to get the Triple Trophy and for them to pull this kind of crap really pisses me off. I think they seem to forget that it's our tax payer money that keeps them in a job. Have any of you that got the Triple Trophy this year received yours in the mail yet and if so, what did you think about it? This program was started to promote the harvesting of anterless deer but if this is all they are going to do going forward, then I am not even going to try to get it anymore. This is one of our state agencies at it's finest.....lol

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I got home from work this evening and my Triple Trophy packet was in the mail from the AGFC. I opened it up to find the normal letter and certificate that they mail you but instead of sending out the nice looking patch this year like they have the last 5 times I got it, the AGFC are being tight wads this year and sent out these cheap little .25 cent lapel pins instead. There the kind that you have to squeeze the little clip on the back to put it on and take it off. It looks like something that you would get as a giveaway on tables at the Hall of Industry at the State Fair or out of a bubble gum machine. It's a freakin joke! I guess the big wigs at the AGFC felt like shorting the public this year to cut costs or to fatten their own pay checks. I hunted hard this year to get the Triple Trophy and for them to pull this kind of crap really pisses me off. I think they seem to forget that it's our tax payer money that keeps them in a job. Have any of you that got the Triple Trophy this year received yours in the mail yet and if so, what did you think about it? This program was started to promote the harvesting of anterless deer but if this is all they are going to do going forward, then I am not even going to try to get it anymore. This is one of our state agencies at it's finest.....lol

Not to be a smart joke I am glad for You so here is from I hoping from the rest of this forum :first: place good job. Maybe one day I will have the off time to acheive the same thing. DW

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Congratulations on your triple trophy.
I earned the triple three years in a row, but couldn't quite put it together this season.
The patches are sort of nice, but are not dated, so each looks just like the other.
pm me your address and I'll trade you one of my patches for your lapel pin.
....popgun

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
6,130 Posts
I got mine in yesterday. I liked the patches better too. I have the four patches I have gotten in the past on my hunting backpack. Not sure what I can do with the pin. It would get lost if I put it on my backpack I'm sure.

I only send mine in once every few years. Only room for so many certificates. It`s nice to know that I can still do it, that is it`s own reward.
I just have my certificates stacked on the closet shelf. I came home very late one night, and ran into the wall by my bed, head first, breaking the frame one was in, including the glass. :smack: After that, I just took them off the wall and put them in the closet. I decided they were a safety hazard. :wink: And no, I hadn't been drinking. It was just very dark in there, and I was trying not to wake my wife up.

·
Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
431 Posts
congratulation on the triple trophy, and thanks for helping our team for coming in 2nd place on the deer hunt contest, hope we are on the same team again, I really enjoyed watching the board and seeing what team has done what. This past season has been a blast:clap:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
redeye,

Or should I say deadeye. You also had a great season and it was allot of fun watching the scores on the contest as the year went on. We came close to getting 1st place but I was proud to come in 2nd also. I also hope that we get on the same team again next year. Thanks for the support!

jgr

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Congrats on the TT. Back in the ol' days (1986:biggrin: ) I received a nice looking patch that is still on my cap, a good heavy stick pin I stuck on a bandana w/ my other special/fun pins & hung from my rear-view mirror, and the certificate I framed & hung on my wall. For a girl of 16, these were cherished treasures, & I wore my cap with pride. It is a shame the patches aren't being sent out. :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.