Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasn't the hunting on WMAs and most NWRs stopped at noon for several years now?

The Arkansas River can be hunted all day and most of the Corp lakes. So, for all those who can't go in the am, there are opportunities to hunt and there can be fantastic hunting on these waters. I guess if you only hunt timber, only kill mallards, only call with your mouth and only use grandpa's old double, you'll just have to get more creative.

I'm just surprised about all the uproar on afternoon hunting...has it taken this long for some of you to realize that you can't hunt in the afternoons? Should we contact the warden? Are you admitting guilt?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hasn't the hunting on WMAs and most NWRs stopped at noon for several years now?

The Arkansas River can be hunted all day and most of the Corp lakes. So, for all those who can't go in the am, there are opportunities to hunt and there can be fantastic hunting on these waters. I guess if you only hunt timber, only kill mallards, only call with your mouth and only use grandpa's old double, you'll just have to get more creative.

I'm just surprised about all the uproar on afternoon hunting...has it taken this long for some of you to realize that you can't hunt in the afternoons? Should we contact the warden? Are you admitting guilt?
Some people just want to be catered to because they have to work more than others. So when things don't go the way they want the just sit around and cry about it.

They haven't yet figured out things like all day hunting on the AR river. Might not be as hot as a timber shoot but if it's all you got, it's better than sittin at the house the way I see it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That dude aint the only one that has to work. I guess he cant see passed his nose and see he is the only one wanting to hunt a wma in the afternoon.:head:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some people just want to be catered to because they have to work more than others. So when things don't go the way they want the just sit around and cry about it.

They haven't yet figured out things like all day hunting on the AR river. Might not be as hot as a timber shoot but if it's all you got, it's better than sittin at the house the way I see it.
No I use an 1100 and a regular plain black rich an tone caller and LaCross waders. I dont have a need for any of that other stuff like decoys and spinning wing gadgets or what was that thing they have a picture of vortex to be able to fool a bird that has a brain the size of the end of my thumb, they are not that hard to fool. But if you need those things I certainally wouldnt try to get in your way.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
i think what they are trying to say is if you love to duck hunt enough to hunt all day you would find other places to hunt all day instead of griping that you can't:up:

·
Registered
312 Posts
No I use an 1100 and a regular plain black rich an tone caller and LaCross waders. I dont have a need for any of that other stuff like decoys and spinning wing gadgets or what was that thing they have a picture of vortex to be able to fool a bird that has a brain the size of the end of my thumb, they are not that hard to fool. But if you need those things I certainally wouldnt try to get in your way.
We don't care what you use to kill your ducks. What does that have to do with this post?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think that the moderators need to come up with a gripe forum or unhappy hunter forum, so those that want to here everbody's whining can and those of us that don't can still read about waterfowl hunting and help each other out with waterfowl hunting related stuf!f

1 - 8 of 8 Posts