Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started thinking about buying something to keep me dry this weekend with the forecasted rain. I don't want to break the bank but something that will somewhat hold up would be nice to add to my gear.

What do you use or prefer?

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I started thinking about buying something to keep me dry this weekend with the forecasted rain. I don't want to break the bank but something that will somewhat hold up would be nice to add to my gear.

What do you use or prefer?
I bought a set of the tech2o on a sale at Gander this summer. Funny thing is when I got home I happened to look over the receipt and found out the pants were womens! :smack: They fit just fine so I guess as long as they keep the rain off and don't make my butt look big I'm wearing them.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I like my Frogg Toggs
Good rain gear there!! Only bad thing is that a few months ago, my wife had a yard sale and in that yard sale I think she sold my set. I had gone thru my closet and got rid of some old hunting clothes. Had an older Columbia light rain suit. I forgot to get it out myself and told her where it was and that she could just grab it. Fast forward to yesterday. I was tearing my hunting closet apart looking for the set and there was that old red Columbia suit. I immediately felt sick so I asked her. Of course she couldnt remember if it sold or not and may be in storage but her answer was, "I wondered why you were selling that rain suit. You haven't even had it a year yet."

·
Registered
929 Posts
I bought 10X brand rain jacket and pants at Academy about 6 years ago. They are a mid-weight set that fit and feel great. I generally wear them over another set of clothes. They can get pretty warm that way, but I stay dry.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I got some used military gore tex off ebay and I love it. I spray it with camp dry every year and it is awesome. Wouldn't mind having a set of frog toggs for lighter packing and warmer days but I wouldn't get rid of my gore tex. I bought some gander mountain guide gear rain gear a couple years ago and it was quiet and light but tore up in less than a year. It also didn't seem to repel water well but it never lasted long enough to hit it with camp dry but I bet it woulda helped.

·
Banned
641 Posts
X2 , Not the toughest but they pack small and breath while keeping you 100% dry
I work outside in rain, sleet , snow whatever the conditions might be. I have had several pair or frog toggs from the cheapest to the most expensive and they all leaked . I currently have the most expensive pair of frogs you can buy , they leak.... I have put a aerosol type rain gaurd on the inside and out. It has helped but still not a 100% dry

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
I have a Dutch Army surplus camo "tri-laminate" jacket from Sportsman's Guide that is as good as anything. Cost me $30.

I find waterproof pants are also essential -- your wet pants legs soak your socks, and that's miserable. If you sit, you get your butt soaked. So I also have a cheap pair of rain pants from Sportsman's Guide, oversized so I can pull them on over my regular pants.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I work outside in rain, sleet , snow whatever the conditions might be. I have had several pair or frog toggs from the cheapest to the most expensive and they all leaked . I currently have the most expensive pair of frogs you can buy , they leak.... I have put a aerosol type rain gaurd on the inside and out. It has helped but still not a 100% dry
Every pair I've ever had did the same. I bought a pair of the G. Mountain Tech2o on clearance about 7 years ago and they have served me well.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Frog Toggs... got the cheap $20.00 ones right before a bass tournament last year and really like them.... waterproof and breathable... only problem you gotta watch how you step.... ripped the seam of the pants stepping onto the front deck of the boat.... other than that I really like them... but what can you expect for a 20 buck set of raingear.. gonna fork out some more $$ for the good stuff this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.