Arkansas Hunting banner

Advice on yamaha prop pitch??

815 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  junkyardwarrior 
#1 ·
Looking for advice on what prop I should get. Wanting to get a new stainless prop for my 2010 yamaha 25 2 stroke . Boat is a 15/42 welbilt. I think the one that came on it is a 11. But not positive. Have to look again. Just wondering if anybody has been in this situation. The one It has on It now seems to do fine. Just wondering if another pitch would help any? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
The factory 3x9 7/8x 11 1/4" is a good prop. Do you know your current RPM? 6000 is maximum. You need to know that before choosing a prop. I usually stay out of these discussions unless the RPM is known; as most of these threads get out of hand quickly with everyone's opinion.

A 12" is usually a little more sluggish down low but might pick it up a mph on the top end. I said "might" because no one knows your setup. It could quite possibly slow it down a little. I've tried several different props on my 548 war eagle with that motor, and found that they weren't but maybe 1 mph difference on the top end, while losing a little hole shot performance. We have to remember that the engine is only 398cc-it can't develop a lot of torque down low, as compared to the 500cc engines that most other brands use.

Do you know your current maximum speed? With that prop, it should be 28 to 29 mph max, assuming everything is set up somewhat properly. 28.8 mph is exactly what my 4 stroke runs with that same exact prop, at 6100 RPM. It's the better performer than the 11" Turbo HotShot, IMO but mine is a 4 stroke and that can make a difference. Never tried the 11" Turbo on the 2 smoke 25 when I had it but I did try a Yamaha 12" white aluminum and was not pleased with it, overall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.