Advice on where to hunt?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kendract, Dec 29, 2010.

1. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

I just realized as I am typing this thread that I do not have a gun.

However, since I am so new to hunting I really don't know where to begin. I'd usually just tag along with my boyfriend and set up where he left me then waited for him to come and get me.

Where would I go to hunt if I had the opportunity? Requirements? Anything would help! I know I will only be here another 3 months but I'm sure anything I learn would help me in Louisiana as well if I'm not able to hunt much on my uncle's leases.

2. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

Well gun season is over here. The muzzleloader season is still open but other than that it is only bow season left here.

3. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

If you have a bow, then go to a WMA and find you a decent spot to set up. Bow season end 2-28

Gun Modern gun season is over till next year.

Squirrel season is still going on I believe.

You best bet however is to go with someone and have them show you the ropes:up:

4. austincrutchfield

I figured she must meant deer hunting, but yes there is still alot of other seasons in for guns, just not deer.

5. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I like hunting an I like hunting in the woods. Just go grab a 22mag an go blazeing threw the woods. (just don't shoot a deer it's illegal)

6. kendract

Well I guess I need a hunting friend then. And I'm like 100% sure squirrel season is until at least February. I may not have shot a deer yet but I've gotten me 2 squirrels!

I DID post this in the deer hunting thread, LOL

I'd kind of like to shoot one, otherwise there's no need for this thread, LOL

7. kendract

Okay so eventually, probably after the new year sometime in 2011, I'd like to work on buying a bow. What would some of you recommend for a first timer?

After that I'll hope to purchase a gun. I know less about that so any tips would be useful, THANKS! :up:

8. austincrutchfield

I would go to one of the bow shops around and shoot several bows. I am pretty sure Archers Advantage has womens bows and i no Hunters Refuge in pine bluff does. How much are you looking to spend on a bow?

9. kendract

I'm not all that concerned about price. I mean I've asked and it's my understanding that payment plans can be worked out. As long as I can do that i wouldn't really care how much total I spend on it. I just want something I'm comfortable with and will enjoy. I really really like shooting a bow.

10. I'd say come on and I would put you on a stand.......but you don't have a gun so you probably don't have a muzzleloader either.......and it's to far to make it by dark.......:fit:

11. kendract

Not to mention I am at work and don't get off until 5 anyway LOL

12. Yeah ....work can get in the way of fun. :razz:

13. 16section mafia

16section mafia Well-Known Member

ill take u and u can shoot one of my guns.....and then let u kill sum hogs..cant beat that with 2 sticks...

14. lehmanno1

lehmanno1 New Member

Do you know if anyone can still deer hunt in the Hamburg Ar.area with out joining a hunting club? We use to hunt down there on the paper land about 15 to 20 years ago and they told us we could hunt anywhere on their land, they had a lot of hogs and I would like to kill a big hog.

15. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

youre welcome to come chase some hogs with my on camp robinson