Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hunting in Ms. today and when I loaded up my boat to leave got to the top of ramp and the trailer hit the ground. Someone helped me out by taking the pin out of the receiver hitch. Thankfully the safety chains keep it from rolling into the river.
I had the trailer locked to the ball, what good that did.
A few months back I was changing receiver and the lock on the pin would not unlock, so I cut it off with a torch. Replacing it with just a pin and clip. So tomorrow I'll be getting a lockable pin again.

I was parked where my tags were visible. From now on I'll back into the spot. All other trucks parked there had Ms tags and all pins were intact. I don't think it was any of the other hunters or fisherman that did it. There's always some nodorighters riding around.

Thanks to some good guys from Osceola that are camped over there for giving me a pin to get home.

I reckon they don't like us Ar boys hunting their birds.:smack:

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
Not a whole lot you can do when the chuckleheads are out and about...
Maybe get yourself an "Ol' Miss" license plate frame and use it for when you are hunting over there - they'll still see the AR tags, but they may cut you a break :biggrin:
Pick up a "Vols" frame for when you are in TN..........

·
Registered
31,140 Posts
Maybe get yourself an "Ol' Miss" license plate frame and use it for when you are hunting over there - they'll still see the AR tags, but they may cut you a break :biggrin:
Unless they're Mississippi State fans... Then they might burn your truck :fit:

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
That is kind of what an older man I knew sort of did. He fished a small lake in Mississippi where out of state folks were not welcome. They would mess with your vehicle or trailer. He said he got an old Mississippi license plate and put it on the vehicle. Never had any more problems.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Seems I read a story about like that being done to some folks from parts elsewhere by some locals here. Might be some payback for the way this new age waterfowl crew treats them when they OOS up here??????

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems I read a story about like that being done to some folks from parts elsewhere by some locals here. Might be some payback for the way this new age waterfowl crew treats them when they OOS up here??????
Yep, that's exactly what I thought about. Could've happened to them over here duck huntin.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No doubt. I'm sure it goes both ways. A lot of the young duck hunters haven't been taught very well. Most are more interested in the boat races than actually killing ducks. Why I don't duck hunt public ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.