Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the camp this past weekend to prep for hunting and noticed that there were no if very few acorns on the trees on our lease. I am hoping that I'm not loosing my mind!! :head: Am I nuts or are all the nuts gone?! Was told by peps at the camp that the reminents of Fay, Gustav and IKE and the early cool fronts all helped dispose of the acorns early this year.

After not seeing many deer last year...I am hoping it will be better this year and the lack of acorn factor will help tremendously!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good crop around Nashville, but many were lost during the storm series. Near one of my bow stands the leaves are pretth much crushed into small pieces from the pawing for those already on the ground. Hope they are still lookig for them Friday...........

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
6,703 Posts
What Befus said. I've found about the same thing. More than normal on the ground, but not as many on the trees as usual I guess due to Ike. So many on the ground that deer aren't touching my corn, but looks like there won't be as many as there usually are later in the year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats strange that every1 else has em! I hunt in ashley Co. and can honestly say that I didnt see 1 acorn over the whole weekend at the camp!! Not complaining...just checking if I was the only 1 noticing this. Gonna be better later in the season if there arent any! :up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.