Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,113 Posts
I know that the Hurricane bottoms around Bald Knob and Sylamore around Mt.View are loaded with both acorns and hickory nuts.. And the persimmon trees are full as well.. Should be a very good mast crop this year..

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I live in Mountain Pine and the woods are full of White oak acorns. I was up in front of the house Sunday looking at all of the Red Oaks that blew down
and they were loaded as well. Not all of the trees have big acorns but they
have plenty of acorns. The Ouachita's should be good on acorns.:up:

·
Premium Member
17,704 Posts
Shoot, I saw pine trees with acorns on them yesterday! Should tell you something about the crop this year. They are everywhere!!!

Persimmon trees are hanging they are so full of fruit.

·
Registered
828 Posts
im from around jessieville...i dont know about up by the lake...but where i hunt..(24000) close to winona...the white oaks in the green belts are loaded...thats good news when you start lookin at corn prices!: )

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
im from around jessieville...i dont know about up by the lake...but where i hunt..(24000) close to winona...the white oaks in the green belts are loaded...thats good news when you start lookin at corn prices!: )
Part of our lease borders 24000. I hunt in the Howard Mountain Hunting Club.
Which lease you in? You are right, the green belts are loaded.:up:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got in the woods yesterday after Ike blew through the night before...
There are acorns all over the ground now! Shoot, there's even a bunch of entire oak trees on the ground!
I went out this morning with my son. We decided to skip school since the power was out and do a little squirrel hunting. There are green acorns all over the place as well as quit a few trees. Great day to be in the woods!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.