Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas ; More of a novelty but I’ve acquired a vintage 22 magnum rifle and topped it with a 3x9 Leupold , just fishing for any input on various 22 MAG ammo that anyone might recommend for being accurate- ???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You Gentlemen- I’ve read & googled everything on 22 Mag ammo being accurate. I did note that many mentioned both the Gray Box Winchester & the CCI 40 grain bullets as being “ accurate “. . I am foremost in pursuit of being accurate but bullet performance is always a plus . For some reason , I cannot dismiss the TMJ or FMJ design ammo shouldn’t be as much or more accurate but I’m here saying all this without yet firing a shot -
Thanks for All Y’all’s input .

·
Registered
11,274 Posts
Every rifle is different. I have a bolt action Savage. When I bought it you could get most anything to try for accuracy. I bought or ordered a box of every thing available to try in it. Mine hates all winchester and bullets lighter than 40 gns. Best is 50 gn. Federal classic HPs. Next is CCI 40 gn HPs or solids. I settled on CCI MaxiMag 40 HPs to use in it. Because they shoot well enough and have been available. The Federals it shoots best were never widely available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.