Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a truck for a living so when i was home last week i put together a new upper in 300 blk out i tryed the umc 147gr ammo and it will cycle most of the time but with 115gr handloads with h110 20gr it has worked great no prob. Anyone having trouble with. Umc ammo not cycing?

· Registered
7,960 Posts
I know the guy that thought up and developed the .300 black out round. Up until the end of May last year I worked in Remington's R&D department. The reasons I chose to leave there is at least a three beer conversation. :rolleyes:

More information on your upper will help out. I don't know a lot about them but might have some ideas or can find some answers.

· Registered
181 Posts
I use 8.6gns of N110 with a 220SMK. My gun is a SBR with a 10.5" barrel. I tried 1680 and no. 9 1680 was to loud. No.9 was doing pretty good but I found this N110 load and it is sub moa at a 100yds so that is what I went with.

If your going to shoot it super sonic I would just get a Grendel, easy to load and real accurate and has some range to it.

· Registered
181 Posts
I know the guy that thought up and developed the .300 black out round. Up until the end of May last year I worked in Remington's R&D department. The reasons I chose to leave there is at least a three beer conversation. :rolleyes:

More information on your upper will help out. I don't know a lot about them but might have some ideas or can find some answers.
Silvers didn't think up this round. He copied it from SSK industries....J.D. Jones. Silvers mainstreamed it and got it SAAMIEd.

· Registered
7,960 Posts
Retooferab,
You referring to the guy at AAC? I'm talking about a guy at the Remington ammo plant that got the whole idea up and going. Then AAC and the Rem marketing team took over and it became the copied SSK round. The original scope had it as something brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.