Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody has this setup and the pros and cons. I'm leaning toward this to get away from the mud, rain, cold that dogs deal with. Let me know

·
Registered
622 Posts
I built a floor similar to a deck or porch. It gets them just high enough off the ground. Sometimes you can get lucky and find someone wanting to get rid of a old deck and you can just set your kennel on top of it

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a old deck from my above ground pool that's what I was thinking about doing

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow and post. I built mine for $150-$200 I think but I already had the chain link and the tin was a freebie. I done it up nice. It works great if your dog usually airs in the kennel. It just washes right out or goes between the cracks. Also most of the time it is already pressure treated so it's gonna last a while.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My deck is 12' by 16' so I'm gonna try and get 2 kennels out of it 2x6 joist on 16" centers with decking boards all treated about 6 years old

·
Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner
6,928 Posts
Paint it with that paint you would use for shop floors, poly urethane I think is reheat it's made out of. Id Paint the whole thing

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've got a old deck from my above ground pool that's what I was thinking about doing
Well I finally got around to takin some pics of the kennel I built. ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1394151437.567597.jpg ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1394151585.022455.jpg ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1394151671.399996.jpg

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts