Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called game and fish today about my permits. The only thing I got was a doe permit for zone 11. I don't remember applying for one in zone 11 because Winona is right across the hwy from me and I don't have any place to hunt in 11.

Looks like a wasted tag.:mad::censored:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Called game and fish today about my permits. The only thing I got was a doe permit for zone 11. I don't remember applying for one in zone 11 because Winona is right across the hwy from me and I don't have any place to hunt in 11.

Looks like a wasted tag.:mad::censored:
Actually, you do. I am not sure where you hunt at but zone 11 should be all of the national forest outside of Winona Wma. Are you sure that wasn't your second choice? When i apply i always apply for zone 11 as my first choice and Winona as my second choice simply because they are right across the road from one another. Of course this all depends on where you hunt at too. You may look at your zone map. Aside from zone 13 i believe hwy. 70 separates zone 12 from zone 11. I myself would be tickled with either one of them because i hunt both areas and know them well.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, you do. I am not sure where you hunt at but zone 11 should be all of the national forest outside of Winona Wma. Are you sure that wasn't your second choice? When i apply i always apply for zone 11 as my first choice and Winona as my second choice simply because they are right across the road from one another. Of course this all depends on where you hunt at too. You may look at your zone map. Aside from zone 13 i believe hwy. 70 separates zone 12 from zone 11. I myself would be tickled with either one of them because i hunt both areas and know them well.

I live on the East side of Winona and don't know anyone around that has land on 11. It's about 20 miles to any public land on 11 and my lease is only 4 miles from the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.