Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer my boat was stolen and sunk on Greers Ferry. To top it off, all of my fishing gear was stolen out of the boat. 7 months later, the Van Buren Sheriff's Dep. called to tell me that they think they found my rod and reels on the bank buried in some leaves. I was very impressed that they remembered my report and took the time to look it up and locate me....my name wasn't on any of my gear. So a special thanks to the VB Sheriff's dep.

Anyway, I had 11 rod and reels to pick up. I was just hoping that some of the rods would be usable but figured the reels were wrecked. When I picked up my gear, I was shocked to see that the Bass Pro Extreme series rod AND reels looked nearly brand new!! ALL the other brands were worthless. I had some high grade shimanos, low grade shimanos, and pfluegers. The other rods were ALL Star, Falcon, and browning. All of this gear is good stuff but the reels were rusty and the rods broken. However, the BP Extreme gear had some cork chewed off of the handle but the rest of it looked nearly brand new!!!! I took them apart and there was no rust to be found. I oiled them up and 7 months later I was in Venice, La catching redfish. I used the exact rod/reel combos that were burried in the leaves for 7 months!!!!! BP has just won my business and that says a lot bc I am a shimano guy.

·
Administrator
81,471 Posts
Glad some of your stuff was returned. You should send this to Bass Pro. Who knows, you might get something free out of it.

·
Registered
19,146 Posts
Greers must be a hotspot for boat stealing. I had a relative that had his ski boat stolen also. He was lucky cause as he was pulling in the driveway he saw his boat leaving the cove. They caught this guy, and he did some time in the pen over it. He got out of the pen and went back and tried to burn his lake house down this time, and they caught him again. Now his stint in the pokey is a little more substantial.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad some of your stuff was returned. You should send this to Bass Pro. Who knows, you might get something free out of it.
I wrote a review for the baitcasters and I already ordered 2 more of their Extreme spinning combos. These are great reels with a super drag system. I was catching 20+ pound reds with 12 pound test and the drag was perfect. I am really impressed with these combos....as you can tell:biggrin:

·
Registered
405 Posts
What Reel was It because the Extreme reel was just featured in bassmasters in one of the best buget reels and bass pro in memphis has the on sell plus a free rod

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What Reel was It because the Extreme reel was just featured in bassmasters in one of the best buget reels and bass pro in memphis has the on sell plus a free rod
I have several of them but they are the extreme series baitcasters that were left out. But I also have some of the spinning reels as well/ The rods are just as good. The baitcasters are the same but have 3 different gear ratios for speed.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_98422_100003001_100000000_100003000_100-3-1

What kind of deal are they having in Memphis?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't see any of the Extreme Combos but I might have missed them. The extreme series is all green...from reel to rod. I have caught everyone of these fish on their rods. ..From 10 pound bass, 12 pound hybrids, 20-25 pound reds, and many other fish. I love these more than any other combo including a G Loomis/Chronarch. Maybe they just fit nme I don't know...

This is my fishing buddy but he caught this on my rod. All of these were caught on 7' MH rods with extreme reels and the reds were on either 30 pound super braid or 12 pound Trilene XL. The bass were the same execpt for 20 pound Segar line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts