A horrible day in Arizona

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by FrogTacos, Jan 8, 2011.

1. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

I'm sure most of you have already heard about the shooting in Tucson, Arizona that took place this morning. While I don't think I agreed with anything Congresswoman Giffords has done politically, I consider her (thus far) assassination attempt as nothing less than a terrorist attack against our country. In my heart, an attack against one of our elected officials is an attack against our government and our great country.

I ask all of you to join me in praying for her, and each and every other victim of this horrible crime. May the Lords peace fill the hearts and souls of all involved.

:flag:

2. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Hadn't heard....I will start praying immediately.

3. FrogTacos

19 people shot
    5 dead (including a Federal judge and a 9 year old little girl)
    Congresswoman Giffords was shot in the head at point blank range (through and through) - doctors appear to be hopeful. Absolutely miraculous.

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

5. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

From what I've read, she is a 2nd amendment supporter. Lord help her recovery.

6. A terrible day. Too bad no one close was carrying and could have stopped the carnage.

7. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Prayers sent for all victims. And a 9 year old girl also died. Very sad day.The congresswoman is a very conservative democrat in lots of issues. Progressive democrats will use this as a springboard guys.

8. FrogTacos

My parents live and vote in her district. They would vehemently disagree with that statement. We can save that for another day though.

9. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Guys, Look at the Brady Campaign website. They are already using this as a push for further anti-gun legislation. Be prepared.

10. This freak told the whole world through youtube and myspace that he was unstable and contemplating evil. We as a society must be more vigilant.

11. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

It's harder to take it away if we already bought it. Maybe we should all take our Tax money and by a GLOCK!!!!!

12. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I knew that was coming, but my prayers are with all the victims and their families.

13. sportsmanetc

sportsmanetc Well-Known Member

This is an absolute disgrace. The guy was an extreme nutjob. I pray for the victims and thier families, especially the nine year olds family.

14. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

95% of those posting on CNN are saying that guns are to blame and Palin and the Tea Party are at the core of it

seriously - to the point where people were saying God loving, gun carrying people have no place in the United States

One guy from Switzerland chimed in about how senseless Americans and God and Guns is and I reminded him that had Americans with God and Guns not saved Europe's ass from Hitler, they'd be speaking German today

gun owners are going to be attacked HARD because of this whole deal .....

15. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

It is nothing new, but it is sad when a national tragedy is used to further peoples political motives.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  16. TacHunter

TacHunter Well-Known Member

I share the sentament of everyone that has commented on this issue. My thoughts and prayers are with this dynamic young lady and her family and the families of all the victims. It's a shame that someone didn't report the assailant's intentions. In life, rertably, there are terrible things that happen, we must remember that the perpetrator in this event could have just as well used a car to drive through the crowd in which case the outcome would have been much worse. We can ban all the guns in america, but we cannot control the evil thoughts of man. I just want to say that if he got close enough to shoot the cogress-woman in the head he could have just as well stabbed her. He could have studied bomb making and killed her and even more with a bomb of some kind. When you are dealing with a derranged sociopath gun or not he will accomplish his goal. Just look at Tim Mcvey, he didn't use a gun at all. I think we need instead to look at what we are doing as a country to set off these attacks. Maybe if we weren't taxing 1/3 of our working citizen's income, allowing a bunch of towell heads to dictate the cost of fuel and helping people recognize a chance for hope for the American Dream of excellance. The problem is, we are raising kids in homes where they watch their dad & mom work till their fingers bleed and never get ahead. Because of taxes and inflation, and you mix that sort of desperation with mental instability and you get a recipe for disaster. May god bless the victems here and may God help this nation. :pray::flag:

17. bracomadar

bracomadar Well-Known Member

It's sad this happened, but it's even more sad that these type of events have happened so much that I think we're getting used to hearing about them. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just me, but I think I've become desensitized, or apathetic towards them. I don't like that people lost their lives, but worrying about it isn't going to bring them back, or prevent another event like this from happening. I'm not shocked, or surprised in the least when I hear about these things now. It just seems more unusual when you have a few weeks, or months go by without some kind of mass shooting. Maybe it's because I think that the more we make a big deal out of it, the more likely someone else is going to copy this event, or get encouraged by this event to try to secure their own name in history, or get their 15 minutes of infamy.