A Hole in One

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jerry dean, Jan 11, 2008.

1. jerry dean

jerry dean Suspended Permanently

Ever done it or seen one?

Closest I've come is walking up to the green and seeing my ball in the little circle patch where the hole was the day before.:smack:

Was waiting on a group at Stone Links and the guy hit one in the air. No bounces or rolling.

2. millennium man

millennium man Well-Known Member

Never hit one or seen one(except on TV) .

Still holding out hope:biggrin:

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Closest I've been is 3 inches on a 200yard par 3. Never seen one either except on tv.

4. OuachitaMtnMan

OuachitaMtnMan Well-Known Member

Chipped one in the hole from about 40 yds on my second shot, out of the woods, with a choked up 7 on a par 4. Thats the best I got.

5. sleepyluke

sleepyluke Well-Known Member

Made one in high school and came close 2 times in tournaments this past summer. One was for a mustang and was within about 18-20 inches, the other was actually a par 4 at Rebsamen and was less than an inch, guys leaving the green say it actually hit the flag. Still don't know how it did not go in.....

6. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

Several years ago I was in Biloxi MS On the Sun Course. I was playing by myself. I got up on the box on a par 3 looked to the green and hit a sweet ball. It bounced and rolled strait in the hole. I was feeling pretty good. About that time a grounds keeper that was working around the tee box said " man that was a great shot but the green is over there". I made a hole in one but on the wrong hole. Does that count?

7. millennium man

Damn Grounds keepers!

Did you jump up in the air and sling your club or anything before he told you you hit to the wrong green?

8. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

I have come close once on a par 3 - hit the flag and bounced... I also landed and rolled one to within 2 feet (won a "closest to hole" price in that scramble tournament).

9. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

No, but I think I did a big arm jerk. I did not even realize he was watching.

10. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

I have never had one, but my dad has had 4....Saw the first one he ever had...Pretty neat.....:thumb:

11. millennium man

Oh man thats funny! Your'e killing me!:biggrin:

I swear that sounds like something that would happen to me:biggrin:

12. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I have had several. Of course the only golf I have ever played is Putt-Putt... :biggrin:

13. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I had one bounce off the pin on a par 3 (I think it's hole #13) at Harbor Oaks. There was a little dip in the green and I thought the ball had went in the hole when is disappeared from sight. Then I got up there and saw it about two inches from the cup. The the worst feeling I've ever had after a tap-in bird.
    Last summer my friend and I decided to play a round and had to head to our second choice in courses due to a tournament. The first hole is a par three. My tee shot hit short of the green and bounced up to the middle of the green. His shot did the same and was headed towards the flag as best we could tell due to glare from the sun. We pulled up to the green and there was only one ball there. I told him that I bet his was in the hole... walked up there and sure enough, it was in the cup.
    The crazy joker was about to tee off with his hole-in-one ball on the next hole before I stopped him. His reasoning was that the course is wide open and there was no way he could lose a ball. 15 minutes later, after 13 minutes of looking for his ball, he was glad I talked him into pocketing his ace ball. :thumb:

14. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

I think I'm do'n good if I get a hole in 8. :rolleyes:

15. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

i made one the first year i played golf:biggrin: but that's the only one.

16. busterb

busterb Well-Known Member

I know a guy, whose sister knows a girl, whose uncle's Brother-in-law, was with a guy who got one!

17. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

approx. 12 years ago got one on a par 4. The hole was under construction and was only about +or-200 yrds. Even had several folks watching. The folks at this club would not recognize it because the hole was under construction.

18. Loc-on

Loc-on Well-Known Member

I have made one and been with four other people when they made one.

19. zane

zane Well-Known Member

I came about a foot from 1 last summer on a par 4 about 315 yds. My ball was in perfect line with the cup, if it had rolled a little more it woulda been in. I was so flustered that I missed my eagle putt.:smack:

20. Bowman

Bowman Well-Known Member

NEA
    I have never made a hole in one, But I did make some more rare than that. I made a double eagle on a par 5 at Sugar Creek C.C. in Piggott and had 3 witnesses. I holed a 5 iron from about 225.