Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new hi-point 9mm from the ft.thomson in nlr near gander mountain. itching to get to the range to fire it off, it's not a glock or kimber but it feels good in my hands and the c9 isn't as off-looking as the bigger .45 and .40. was going for a .380 hi-point but called all over town an no body had one in stock, didn't wanna wait to order one but im glad we got this one. i know i know, "a hi-point? cheap and ugly" i thought so too but not keen on spending 400 to 500 dollars on a nicer brand pistol, Honestly once you get the c9 in hand it looks really good, only cost $170 so price was just right. ill try to get some pic's up and hopefully ill be able to get out next weekend and put some lead on paper and ill try an post some groups.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Zach, I have a hi point C9 also! There is nothing wrong with this pistol! I can Hammer off rounds just as fast as with any other gun and the size and weight is comparable to any of the 1911's. Also with any gun most of the accuracy comes from the person shooting it!

i know i know, "a hi-point? cheap and ugly" i thought so too but not keen on spending 400 to 500 dollars on a nicer brand pistol,
Dont let anyone fake you into believing that it is not a good gun! Alot of times with things you pay for a name!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zach, I have a hi point C9 also! There is nothing wrong with this pistol! I can Hammer off rounds just as fast as with any other gun and the size and weight is comparable to any of the 1911's. Also with any gun most of the accuracy comes from the person shooting it!

Dont let anyone fake you into believing that it is not a good gun! Alot of times with things you pay for a name!
of course it's a good gun, the look makes people think and of course the guy you end up having to use it on just is not going to care what your pistol looks like! but if i had the money to throw at it, i woulda bought one of the kimber .45 1911's they had on the wall, but it's all about having a gun that i can shoot when i need to shoot, and my mother/smaller brother need to be able to shoot it, hence the 9mm. from what i've seen of the gun it feels really good, really looking forward to shooting it soon!:biggrin:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I've got the 9mm and 45 cal. Hi-point and you know what? I could care less what the next person thinks about them because they've done the most important thing they can do....go bang every time I squeeze the trigger. :up:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi-Points are fine guns and at a fine price. No, they aren't something I'd take to a handgun tournament, but self-defense shooting is almost certainly going to be point blank and at that range any small loss of accuracy will mean nothing.

I've never owned one, but I've shot plenty and have no complaints.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
i have several of the 9mm and the .380 and there great guns and i am going to buy a 2 more 9mm because i sold 2 .380s because ammo is hard to find and high priced and 9mm is alot cheaper and easier to find they great guns and id love to have one of those carbines they look great after u buy another stock

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
Lots of folks who've never shot a hi-point bad mouth them. They are no Glock, but you can get 3 of them for the price of 1 Glock. My dad, brother and nephew all have them. They don't shoot as smoothly as my Glock, but always go bang and hit where you point. Nothing to complain about there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts