96 yards!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by mossyhorn, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

Was watching the ODC, if you dont like it just hit the back button, and Craig Morgan made a 96 yard shot on a speed goat with a barnett BC crossbow and the freakin thing went down within 50 yards on camera. I dont know about you but that freakin amazes me. What a kill and on camera.

P.S. If this turns into a bashing thread i'll just have it locked.:up:

2. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

That's pretty awesome I say. I've always thought that 60 - 70 yard shots are not unreasonable if you have the correct set up and practice.

3. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

I hope this doesnt sound stupid but what is a speed goat?

4. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

I am guessing a speed goat is a fake one on a track or something?

5. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Speed goat is an antelope. :up:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  6. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Then you should have shot that BIG buck we had at 68 yards a month ago! :smack: :biggrin:

7. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

Pronghorn,Antelope, I've heard em called lots of things.

8. mossyhorn

man you should of seen the dust it was kickin up until it made a face plant. Those things are FAST!!!

When he shot you heard.....Thunkkk then like 3 seconds later you seen the arrow hit the goat.

9. THExONE

Well I guess I am a big fat idiot. Can I get banned for dogging myself?

Also this has the potential of something special, crossbow, long range shot, animal on the move... tell me he wasnt using a certain broadhead.....

10. mossyhorn

it looked like a fixed blade of some sort. The goat wasnt moving though, that would of made it even crazier though. It didnt look like he got alot of penitration but the animal went down hard and fast so i guess he got enough. He had perfect shot placement though and thats what it is all about IMO.

11. THExONE

I agree. I am pretty sure I couldnt pull it off. Did he have a scope on the crossbow?

12. mossyhorn

He ranged it before the shot with a hand held rangefinder. The bow had a scope, im sure an expensive one, as well as something else on top of the scope that looked like a rangefinder or a camera. IDK.

13. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Saw the samething awsome shot that's all I can say. Makes me want buy one now.

14. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I saw a guy on "Incredible Shots" make a 200 yard shot with a compound bow. He said he aimed about 12 feet above the target

15. that is a great shot right there. There is no way that I could have made it. He must be an excellent shot. I wish I could have seen it. Especially since you said it was a money shot. Man that is awsome.

16. mossyhorn

im sure it'll be on tv alot. heck maybe youtube. It was truly a great shot.

17. I will have to try and find it.

18. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I saw the 200yd one that was awsome. Took him 2 trys but dang that's a long one. Craig making a 96 clean kill man I bet they could hear him shouting 20 miles away.

19. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

with a scoped crossbow, that's one thing

with pins and a compound, its unethical IMO

20. THExONE

I agree SC, that's why I asked. Good for him and nice shot. I will have to look for the rerun of the show and dvr it.